Chevy Nova Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Premium Member
4,045 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Will the rear end of the old broncoII bolt right in to a 2nd gen 66 ???. Or would there have to be modifications ?

·
Registered
1,149 Posts
Get an 8.8 from a late 80's- mid 90's vovlo. They use the same 8.8 rear end. They are 54 or 55 inches backing plate to plate. Most are disc brakes, some are drum. Almost all of them are 3:55- 4:10 gear range. Posi's are very common aswell.
You'll have to reweld on spring perches with either a bronco rear or a volvo. Chances are the volvo was never beat on like bronco was.

·
Premium Member
4,045 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Get an 8.8 from a late 80's- mid 90's vovlo. They use the same 8.8 rear end. They are 54 or 55 inches backing plate to plate. Most are disc brakes, some are drum. Almost all of them are 3:55- 4:10 gear range. Posi's are very common aswell.
You'll have to reweld on spring perches with either a bronco rear or a volvo. Chances are the volvo was never beat on like bronco was.
Thanks...I'll see if I can find one...I might just be in luck with the volvo too.

·
Registered
818 Posts
A first generation Bronco rear is a bolt in including the drive line but the drums and axles will need to be drilled for Chev wheels. I would not have faith in a Bronco II rear holding up.

·
Registered
309 Posts
Rroxon, not a bronco2, a 60 something to 77,bronco. they are small and some came with a half 302 that only used one side as a 4 cylinder. don't know anything about the volvo's but like the other post you'll have to redrill the axles as they have like a 5" bolt circle

·
Premium Member
185 Posts
Early Bronco

Hey,

some of the early Bronco's came with a 8" rear end. Most were 9", and the most common gear set was a 3.89 to 1. Posi was available, but it always seems that the unit I try to get is a non-posi (locker).

Jim

·
Registered
81 Posts
looking fo 73 hinge covers for bucket seat

anybody have a set of hinge covers and front track covers for a set of bucket seats 73-74

1 - 7 of 7 Posts