Chevy Nova Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
13,685 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

·
Premium Member
7,437 Posts
I think it's the 2nd one that I've ever seen.......

The serpentine belt system for the AC is slightly 'unusual' also.......:yes:

·
Premium Member
3,815 Posts
I have seen the car about two months ago, but I do not know much of its history.

I know it has new paint, not perfect, but presentable.

Its about a 3 hour drive from here (Jacksonville, AR)

Lou

·
Super Moderator
67 4 door, 65 wagon (in pieces)
6,637 Posts
So what's the best "investment" scheme? Buy a brand new Camaro with all the bells and whistles, store it for 30+ years and then sell it. Or, buy a Camaro with all the options no one wants or very few options at all, store it fro 30+ years and then sell it. Which one gets more?

It seems sometimes the rare ones are the ones that no one really wanted at the time.

·
Premium Member
2,014 Posts
Unless the car is really aweful underneath $12,700 sound pretty reasonable to me. The AC would have to go though.

·
13,685 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
So what's the best "investment" scheme? Buy a brand new Camaro with all the bells and whistles, store it for 30+ years and then sell it. Or, buy a Camaro with all the options no one wants or very few options at all, store it fro 30+ years and then sell it. Which one gets more?

It seems sometimes the rare ones are the ones that no one really wanted at the time.
The 'rare ones nobody wanted at the time' are not always the most desireable or saleable cars today. We have a member on this board attempting to sell a fully restored-as-original, numbers matching 1966 Acadian Invader L79 2 door sedan with 3 on-the-tree. The only options were the L79 and a radio. It's for sure the rarest L79 Acadian and close to the top of rarest 1966 L79's period, but it's a tough sell. Folks with money for an L79 lean towards higher end models like the Nova SS, even though they're not nearly as rare as this L79 Acadian.
IMO, people who are buying today's musclecars and storing them away in hopes of making big money in 30 or 40 years are gamblers. Maybe they win, maybe they don't. Maybe they're not even on this earth in 40 years! I say, if you've got this kind of money, but a new muscle car and drive it. And, some people are just impatient, like the guy who sold his 2003 'stored away' T-Bird at B-J. It sold for almost $20,000 less than he paid for it:eek:

Bob

·
Premium Member
796 Posts
I have had 4 63 SS cars that were 3 on the tree . My 63 SS vert was a 3 on the tree. Soon to have a LS1 :devil:

·
Registered
1,149 Posts
I have had 4 63 SS cars that were 3 on the tree . My 63 SS vert was a 3 on the tree. Soon to have a LS1 :devil:
They must be really rare Dale, I wonder how many of the 43,000 63 SS' had a 3 on the tree. Probably several thousand. :eek:
Maybe we should take a sawzall to it make it more rare.

I can see the ebay adds already. Rare '63 Nova SS 3 on the tree column starting bid $800. Also fits the other hundreds of thousands plain jane 3 speed cars 63-64 and 1/2.

·
Premium Member
748 Posts
Back in the late 70's my buddy bought a 63 SS drop top and it was 3 on the tree. Same as this car, buckets without a console. It was just an old "ragged" out ragtop back then.....too bad now.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts