Chevy Nova Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Premium Member
3,758 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
How did you route your fuel and battery cables? I have a good idea how I want to route them, but your input would great.

·
Premium Member
2,072 Posts
i routed my fuel line on the frame rail to the front of the car.
my battery cables runs inside the trunk, over the wheel tub, into the interior of the car, where it goes into the floorboard and then right up against the lip of the body to the starter....

dont know if its the best way, but hey, it works

·
Premium Member
3,758 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thats what I was thinking, but I don't think running the fuel through the interior would be wise , let alone legal.:(

·
Premium Member
2,072 Posts
DrDenny's 69 Rat said:
Thats what I was thinking, but I don't think running the fuel through the interior would be wise , let alone legal.:(
hahah no probably not legal and FOR SURE NOT SMART

my fuel cell is sunk down between the rear frame rails, so the fittings are all outside the car and the vent tube goes down through the trunk. the fuel line is metal (not sure what kind) and it runs on the inside of the frame rail...its attached with rubber lined brackets (so theres no metal to metal rubbing) that could be bad)....

·
Registered
141 Posts
my battery cable comes from the trunk into the interior up and through the firewall to the starter. i dont have a cell in yet but the fuel lines will be run outside the car when i do it.

·
Registered
461 Posts
I ran my dbl 0 wire thru plastic conduit for extra protection - the gray flexible waterproof type that you can pick up at Home Depot.

·
Premium Member
11,208 Posts
I run the battery cable through the car on the inside to the firewall area. The fuel lines should be run outside the frame rails so the driveshaft can't hit them. The rules say no fuel lines mounted to the firewall and lines must be run outside the frame in the area of the flywheel or must be run through steel tubing to protect them if that isn't possible. Try to get your brake lines outside the frame rails too. It the driveshaft goes or flywheel/starter ring comes apart you don't want it to get the brake and fuel lines. The rules also say no fuel lines inside the drivers compartment. RM

·
Premium Member
3,758 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Well I should have been clearer. I'm looking to transition from the trunk to the outside of the frame rails. I want the battery cable,fuel and brake lines on the outside of the frame rail. Looking for the best route staying clear of possible flying parts and rotating mass(tires). My cell will be in the trunk til it get halved, then like the Vega, between the rails. So any pics would be cool.;)

·
Premium Member
3,758 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
68chevyll said:
That's how my lines are run. Outside the frame rail. I have the battery isolated from the AN fuel line.
Got any pics of that? I looked at your pics but only saw the fuel pump pic. What size slick is that?

Denis

1 - 10 of 10 Posts