Chevy Nova Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
4,612 Posts
eh

all you should have to do is cut the tubes , get new ends and new axles , new brakes ,,,,

why do you want a Dana 60 ?? are you gonna use a 4 speed ??? Their pretty heavy if you don't need them.

Moser has new ends and axles , putting together a brake system would be your next challenge

·
Premium Member
15,966 Posts
If he still got it, I'm going to go get it!
Al

Thanks!

·
Registered
595 Posts
Nothing wrong with a Dana 60...

:yes:
No but you needed a forklift to pick that rearend up onto those horses...didn't ya? :devil:

Not sure why people go with D60's they are heavy, and "most" on this board aren't going to push the limits of a 8.5 ten bolt let alone a D60's.

·
Premium Member
3,758 Posts
"most" on this board aren't going to push the limits of a 8.5 ten bolt let alone a D60's.
I have been through my fair share of 10 bolts and for the cost differance, I would go with nothing less than a 12 bolt. :yes:

·
Premium Member
278 Posts
No but you needed a forklift to pick that rearend up onto those horses...didn't ya? :devil:
Yep, it's heavy.

Not sure why people go with D60's they are heavy, and "most" on this board aren't going to push the limits of a 8.5 ten bolt let alone a D60's.
This particular rear is in my '67 Pro Streeter, which will have a 4-speed and 540+lbs/tq SB. Can't imagine running a 8.5" ten bolt in this car. Got one of those 8.5'ers in my '79 El Camino ZZ4 SB automatic, though..:)

1 - 10 of 10 Posts