Chevy Nova Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
336 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm 71 years old and have just had a stroke so thinking it is time to sell my 1966 SS L79 documented nova. It was sold new in Rockford, Washington AT ASHMORE CHEVROLET ON JANUARY 24, 1966. I think a car like this deserves to be taken to the next level, so I'm offering it to the members of SNS 1st. It has never been totally restored. It has had one repaint before I purchased and has a few scratches. I posted a lot about this car 5 years ago. You can do a search under 20thunderjet to see more pictures and info. I have had the original numbers matching engine along with a 2nd 1966 L79 block rebuilt by Performance Associates, the carburetor was rebuilt by (Eric in Tennessee) and my lllll54 distributor (rebuilt by Don at FBO in Oregon). The original 4 speed transmission is mated to a BQ 12 bolt posi-traction with a build date that fits within the build date of the car (December 17th, 1965). It was completely rebuilt with Nitro axles and 3:73 gears. So it come with:
2 362 L79 engines, one built for speed and one original
rebuilt original transmission
3 sets of 729 & 288 exhaust manifolds
2 Harrison radiators
rebuilt BQ rear end
new rear deck, new door panels, carpet
new trunk divider
Air shocks believed to have been installed at the dealer
I bought a 2nd original 1966 Delco radio and it is now has AM/FM, Bluetooth, MP3 jack, microphone, Dual Voice Coil speakers
Original dual snorkel air cleaner, carb, distributor, heads, winters manifold, jack, etc. etc.
It also came with the Z19 comfort qnd convenience package with a very rare adjustable drivers side mirror. There is just too much else to list in this post. If seriously interested respond through SNS. $65,000. I have many more pictures available if interested along with pictures of the VIN number, engine number and cowl/trim tag.

Tire Wheel Car Vehicle Land vehicle
Grey Comfort Silver Tints and shades Auto part
Automotive tire Crankset Automotive lighting Vehicle brake Bicycle part
Automotive lighting Motor vehicle Bumper Automotive exterior Red
Bumper Wood Red Material property Gas
Font Passive circuit component Circuit component Publication Paper

Plant Hood Automotive fuel system Automotive lighting Automotive tire
Hood Motor vehicle Automotive lighting Vehicle Automotive tire
Wheel Automotive tire Locking hubs Alloy wheel Tire

Attachments

·
15,012 Posts
Sorry to hear about your health issues, Greg. Remember our discussions well when you first got this car. Sorry you have to put it on the
market, but we do need to pay attention when we sense the time has come. I think this is a great price for a documented L79, but don't give
it away.

Bob

·
Registered
336 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Hi Bob, I remember well all the valuable info you so generously provided me before and after my find. Yes, we will all face these decisions at some time, I was hoping I had a few more years before having to make them. God is good!

Greg

·
Registered
893 Posts
Sorry to hear you have to let it go. I agree with Bob, great price for a well documented car, and someone who is a part of this site. Do they get better than that? Where is the car located? I assume Washington?

·
Registered
336 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Sorry to hear you have to let it go. I agree with Bob, great price for a well documented car, and someone who is a part of this site. Do they get better than that? Where is the car located? I assume Washington?
Car is located in Coeur d'Alene, Idaho

1 - 13 of 13 Posts