Chevy Nova Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Premium Member
10,210 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey I thought that some of our members with an Olds Omega might be interested in this motor. It is based on the olds 350 diesel block and has 440 cubes.(it can have more ) A new Mondello rotating assembly for this motor which includes custom crank, pistons & pins, rods, degreed damper, flex plate, rings and bearings is all of $2600.00....not a terrible price

http://www.mondellotwister.com/ArtStroker440.htm

·
Registered
1,137 Posts
A buick 455 would be the way to go! The Pontiac Ventura guys are using Pontiac 455 or they now make an after market all Aluminum engine block that allows them to go all the to 600+ Cubic inches. I got myself a set of 1st gen firebird frame mounts and plan on using a 455 Pontiac for now and later go with the Aluminum one. The Ventura's with the new Aluminum block are kickin @$$ and taking names.

·
Premium Member
10,210 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I'm sure...cubes are hard to beat:)

One good thing about the buick 455 is it is a light weight casting so with an aluminum intake on it a buick 455 will weigh about the same as a chevy 350 except it has an extra 100 cubes...also out of all the factory motors GM built only the big500 cube+ caddy motors put out more torque then the big buicks......the best buicks made put out 510ft lbs or torque outta the box from GM...the olds 455 was right behind it with 500lbs...:)

1 - 3 of 3 Posts