Chevy Nova Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
15,187 Posts
They were built in Willow Run Michigan ,and were retrimmed Novas, so the Pontiac dealers, could have a economy car to sell. They had 250 six and 327 and 350;s no 396...They were never sold in U.S In mid '71 they were replaced by Ventura II which was sold in both countries :yes:
The car in the Ebay ad is a 67 Acadian, which means it would have been built in Oshawa, Ontario same as all Chevy II's and Acadians from 1962 - 1967. Both were built in the U.S. starting in 1968 and exported to Canada.

Bob

·
Premium Member
339 Posts
I'm sure most know this but just an FYI... The Acadian's are French Canadian people from the maritimes (Nova Scotia etc.) I guess attracting the french market was a good move back then, they probably all drove Citroen. The Ford Frontenac is the canadian Falcon. Frontenac is a place in Quebec and french name.

Cliff Claven:rolleyes:

·
Premium Member
3,405 Posts
They were built in Willow Run Michigan ,and were retrimmed Novas, so the Pontiac dealers, could have a economy car to sell. They had 250 six and 327 and 350;s no 396...They were never sold in U.S In mid '71 they were replaced by Ventura II which was sold in both countries :yes:
Hey WINCY

Just a funny HA HA. This Acadian issue is an ongoing thing in the Canadian section. Look further down the list of threads. Registry, myself and others have taken the " It's never been a Pontiac opinion !!!" :D

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
"Pontiac" Acadian

Acadians were marketed by Pontiac dealers in Canada. Technically, they were not Pontiacs but a separate brand, though they shared some styling cues with Pontiacs of the era, for example the bifurcated grille. Acadians were never terribly common even north of the border, their annual production running in the piddling low thousands. The brand existed for only a few years-from 1962 to 1971, when GM of Canada pulled the plug. After that, Pontiac-badged Novas were sold under the Ventura II name, just as they were in the USA. (Though the Acadian name was revived for a Canadian version of the Chevrolet Chevette from 1978 to 1987.)

So since Pontiac marketed them they MUST be Pontiac's - I doubt Ford or Chrysler did the warranty work or supplied service parts - I guess in reality they must really be Pontiac's responsibility at the time - lets stop splitting hairs on this.

·
Premium Member
3,405 Posts
So since Pontiac marketed them they MUST be Pontiac's - I doubt Ford or Chrysler did the warranty work or supplied service parts - I guess in reality they must really be Pontiac's responsibility at the time - lets stop splitting hairs on this.
AMC cars were full of other makers parts but, they always marked them AMC's. If I go to a Pontiac dealer and ask for parts for my 71 Acadian they look at me like I'm speaking Latin. Look on line at every Pontiac Info source you can find and let us know if you find a Pontiac Acadian other than those POS imitation Chevettes. Hey, maybe we're not looking in the right places. It would be fantastic if you could find this info for us because that would shut us up and you would be the new Acadian guru. :devil::D:yes::cool::devil:

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.