Chevy Nova Forum banner

21 - 35 of 35 Posts

·
Registered
283 Posts
Discussion Starter #24
Looks like he keeping his promises not to many body shop that hold to their word Happy for you, what color are you going ?
The color is going to be dark shadow gray with a single small red pin stripe to match interior color. I'm thinking about tinting Windows a light smoke color too. Yes, this body work guy I used is not a shop, he's a retired gear head like me, which made it better. He also gave me some good guidance on other things to do to my car to improve it, like letting me use his shop and access to all his tools get under the car and clean up the underside and apply undercoating and paint it all. Also clean and paint the back side of the bumpers and get new bumper brackets. Anyway, he won't do final paint because he said he's just not as good at it as he once was. But, he gave me a referral for a good guy to do it, also retired, that won't do bodywork! I've got this guy lined up for summer, or fall. He's busy but will do it. Enough of my rambling.

·
Registered
283 Posts
Discussion Starter #26
Brought the car home yesterday, bodywork completed. Fixed every piece of rust with new steel, remainder of body was block sanded to locate every dent and ding and fixed, body was taken to bare metal. Sprayed with etching primer, two coats of primer, sealer, and ready for paint.
20200401_155849_resized.jpg
20200401_155928_resized.jpg
20200401_155941_resized.jpg
Have to wait until later in summer or fall. Watching money right now.

·
Premium Member
1,713 Posts
Hey BBQ, looks like you did some customizing on your rear quarters. Is that kind of a Mustang look in front of rear fender wells? I can't wait to see my car painted gunmetal grey! Soon I tell ya!
1966 Mustang quarter panels sectioned in.. the previous owner had radiused the rear wheel wells, but they were terrible.. The side scoop mimics the front fender detail..

·
Registered
568 Posts
I'm not going to say the very best, but I will agree the rear ends are very nice. But so is the rest of the body

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

21 - 35 of 35 Posts