Chevy Nova Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
277 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
In the old days I always heard for the best FM reception with the antenna on the back was to pull it out 31". I've had mine all different links and can't seem to find a sweet spot. I don't want to change it, like the old school look. Anyone have any suggestions?

·
Registered
155 Posts
Yeah, antenna length shouldn't matter too much when it comes to FM, the head unit does most of the work.. Phase lock loop and all that crap.... AM is a different story!

I remember when cell phones were analog, I could use my old TV (with the dials) to tune my TV to 800 MHz and pick up all the cell phone conversations in my area... I learned all sorts of stuff about my neighbors!

Off topic and I apologize...:)

·
Registered
2,267 Posts
Yeah, antenna length shouldn't matter too much when it comes to FM, the head unit does most of the work.. Phase lock loop and all that crap.... AM is a different story!

I remember when cell phones were analog, I could use my old TV (with the dials) to tune my TV to 800 MHz and pick up all the cell phone conversations in my area... I learned all sorts of stuff about my neighbors!

Off topic and I apologize...:)
Yeah we should have told him to put some tin foil on the antenna like we used to do to our tv rabbit ears!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts