Chevy Nova Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
202 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 72 sky top rally car
I wanted to flush mount the winshield and rear galss
As well as one peace door windows ( no vent windows)
Car is painted and done
So something easy well with out repainting anything
Id likw to do the doors first
Any ideas

·
Registered
1,002 Posts
for the door glass you need the 73-74 windows/ window regs., and the window channels. also inner/outer door fuzzies..

·
Registered
202 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thats sweet i want to do it soon
It doesnt seem all that hard
that looks good good job
Thanks for the info
Did you have to drill any new holes in the door and are the interer pannels the same the window crank handel doesnt move ?

·
Registered
1,002 Posts
They make flush windows for camaros. The glass is a little bigger and theres a rubber trim like new cars so the chrome trim in no longer needed.

You need to drill 2 new holes for the window channel. The reg. will bolt into the old reg. mounts. Except 1. You can try to make it work, but the 3 bolts instead of the 4 is still tight. The biggest pain I ran into is the outer door fuzzies. There are prongs on the fuzzies and the 73-74 fuzzies prongs do not line up with the the holes on the door from the old ones. So mark the new ones and use a dremel to make new slots..

·
Registered
2,888 Posts
What is flush mount?
Flush mount glass is what we have in newer vehicles. The glass sits flush with the body of the vehicle and has no rubber gasket to hold it in, instead the glass is glued down. If you google it you will find a shop that has made kits for camaros but I don't think a kit has been made for our novas. You can make your windows flush mount but it should be done before paint as you have to fill in the window opening to lessen the gap between the glass and the body and shim it up so it's it's flush. The problem is the fret band (black band around the edge of the glass) is not on older windows and is applied during the making of the window. I don't know any way to put the black band on the glass after the glass has been made and I have tried painting, etching the glass then painting and I can't get it to stick and it looks green instead of black. Hope this helps and if anyone knows how to apply a fret band that stays please let me know.

·
Registered
202 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Hum that is good onfo thanks
Now i have more to think about
Thoes camaros look sharp
I like.the.simple clean look
Ill keep asking around about the gasket it seams worth it the end.realy cleans the top of the car up it a.different kind of way

·
5,132 Posts
Flush mount glass is what we have in newer vehicles. The glass sits flush with the body of the vehicle and has no rubber gasket to hold it in, instead the glass is glued down. If you google it you will find a shop that has made kits for camaros but I don't think a kit has been made for our novas. You can make your windows flush mount but it should be done before paint as you have to fill in the window opening to lessen the gap between the glass and the body and shim it up so it's it's flush. The problem is the fret band (black band around the edge of the glass) is not on older windows and is applied during the making of the window. I don't know any way to put the black band on the glass after the glass has been made and I have tried painting, etching the glass then painting and I can't get it to stick and it looks green instead of black. Hope this helps and if anyone knows how to apply a fret band that stays please let me know.
Somewhere I have seen a product used to make the FRIT band on the outside of the glass for custom apps.
MAybe Stupesnova on this site would know, he is a glass professional.
The frit conceals the adhesive for appearance and also prevents the UV rays from breaking down the adhesive.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts