Chevy Nova Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was looking into getting some headers for my nova and was looking at FlowTech Afterburner headers. Are they any good? Or are there any better headers around the $150 price.

·
Premium Member
11,072 Posts
Hooker's are the same price, Hedman's a little less. Interesting concept on the afterburners, but I don't know of anyone with real experience using them.

·
Registered
1,425 Posts
I wanted to get the Afterburners because I thought the technology sounded interesting, but Autozone didn't have those. I ended up getting some 1 5/8 ceramic coated FlowTechs through Autozone. I believe it cost me $180.

Matt

·
Registered
1,425 Posts
70oneNova said:
I bought the afterburners for my 355. They fit alright, but had to convert my column shift to floorshift. Also had to trim my AC box a tad:rolleyes:

Nice ground clearence though for a full length header.
I had to go to a floor shifter, too. I was a bit pissed because the instructions said it would fit column shifted cars, but it clearly didn't. Oh well, I like the floor shifter better anyway. :D

Matt

·
Registered
7,257 Posts
My dad has them. He likes them because ground clearance and overall fit were very good on his '75. I'm not positive on the performance benefits, but they aren't a poorly made header by any means.

Kev

·
Premium Member
2,053 Posts
i have flowtech's and they fit the best so far for my car, its real low and never had any problems

HOWEVER!!!! they arent coated inside and out, if your headers get hot oil on them they can stain real easily..i sent mine to jet hot, dont have any more problems

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
So I will have to convert to floorshift, for sure, if I get the Afterburners?

·
Registered
5,669 Posts
i have the afterburners on my 70 chevelle and they fit great. i like them but have noticed that they quiet the car down a little. kinda wierd huh??:eek:

1 - 13 of 13 Posts