Chevy Nova Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
457 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Never ran a high performance exhaust in my life. Finally decided to put some flowmasters on my race car only. Bought some new used flowmaster race mufflers today, 3.5 in center on center. I plan to run them back and just before the rear, put them ther with some turn downs.
QUESTION?.... where do I begin to get this done and done nicely? My local muffler shop? I doubt it but I could be wrong. Pretty sure I want 3.5 stainless. do I just run it straight back, or need some bends? It is a 70. What you guys got? COME ON!

·
Registered
4,760 Posts
run it like it was originaly if you remember when your car had exhaust :eek: a muffler shop would be your best bet for this they would know where to put them i wouldnt use stainless steel unless the mufflers are stainless but if there aluminum i would use aluminum tubeing make sure the tubeing is mandral bent no creases :yes:

·
Premium Member
2,921 Posts
dang ,, LOVE the pic!!! for what you want to do its very easy. i would do it yourself and save the cash from paying a shop... are you going to run a H pipe?? check out pypes performance exhaust, thats where i got mine and its very nice!!

·
Registered
417 Posts
This is my 3" set up with Flowmasters that dumps right before the rear axle on my '70.

I painted the system with a hitemp ceramic exhaust paint from Eastwood if I remember correctly.

·
Registered
457 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
This is my 3" set up with Flowmasters that dumps right before the rear axle on my '70.

I painted the system with a hitemp ceramic exhaust paint from Eastwood if I remember correctly.
That is perfect! IS it stainless? Would that be considered an x pipe? Does it clear the floor board hump? And last but not least.... where did you get it? Sorry for al the ???S, but this is totally new to me.
Thanks a bunch.
Tony

·
Registered
4,760 Posts
hey tony yes that is an x pipe it doesnt look stainless according to the over spray on the blanket im sure the exhuast shop knows what to do

·
Registered
1,481 Posts
dang ,, LOVE the pic!!! for what you want to do its very easy. i would do it yourself and save the cash from paying a shop... are you going to run a H pipe?? check out pypes performance exhaust, thats where i got mine and its very nice!!
I want the torque tech exhaust system "3 inch from front to back " with the side exits like the factory, has anybody installed a 3 inch full exhaust and encountered any fitting problems?:confused:

·
Registered
417 Posts
Thanks for the compliments guys and it does sound amazing!

I used:
Jegs 3" X pipe
Jegs 3" straight tubes
Jegs 3" collector extensions
2 Flowmaster series 40(I think 3" in and out)

I had a guy weld it up then I painted it with a hi temp ceramic paint.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts