Chevy Nova Forum banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I dont know much about exhaust but, im looking for a nice set of flow masters to go off of my hooker headers. I want a nice sound to come out of the back end. I have a sb 350 stroked and the whole nine yards. Any one have any ideas on what i should put in there?

·
Registered
1,830 Posts
I dont know much about exhaust but, im looking for a nice set of flow masters to go off of my hooker headers. I want a nice sound to come out of the back end. I have a sb 350 stroked and the whole nine yards. Any one have any ideas on what i should put in there?
Super 44's are FLAT OUT WICKED sounding. No sound is better, in my opinion of course...Jackster

·
Registered
531 Posts
Just take in consideration the following:
1) Location. Flowmasters are loud period if you stick to 40 series. You could go with 44 series but you will loose some of that rumble. Also you may want to get permission from neighbors when starting and warming car at 7:00 am for early cruise/meetings.
2) Price. Flowmasters are relatively cheap compare to magnaflow, borla,and others. You could even get knockoff flowmasters. That's how sad it is.
3) Type and kind of exhaust system. Some mufflers are made just one way such as offset and size.

These three decisions could help you pick a nice set of mufflers however you will never know for sure until installed. That is when you know which one you really like. It sucks but it is real.
Take magnaflow. It is at the top of the food chain. I have welded thrush. Cheap and loud. Good luck

·
Registered
2,746 Posts
I have some flowmasters on mine with 2.5" and x pipe. I like the sound but think I would of liked the magnaflows better. I had magnaflows in the truck and loved the sound. You will get some drone with this 2.

·
Registered
2,289 Posts
Super 44's are FLAT OUT WICKED sounding. No sound is better, in my opinion of course...Jackster
X-2.
Hookers into 2.5 Flowmaster pipes into 44 and out to the back. Sounds awsome.
But there are as many opinions as their are combinations of exhaust.

·
Registered
682 Posts
I've had most of the major brands at one point or another (Flowmaster, Magnaflow, Dynomax, etc.). Flowmaster is always my favorite sounding, by far..... Original 40, Super 40 and Super 44 all sound great IMO. Magnaflow always sounds much better once it's removed and replaced with a Flowmaster. :D If I ever got Magnaflow again, it would only be for a daily driver type car where Flowmaster was just too loud for regular early morning starts.

·
Registered
20,109 Posts
The 44's are the most aggressive Flowmaster muffler and they sound wicked like you stated. I have them on my 383 with full 3" and an x-pipe. :yes::yes::yes:

·
Registered
20,109 Posts
the 44's sound better than the orig. 40's ? really .
Flowmaster Stainless Steel Super 44 mufflers offer distinct advantages over original 40 Series mufflers, while using the same technology as the Super 40 mufflers. The Stainless Steel Super 44 mufflers deliver a deep, rich tone with an improved flow path radius, optimum internal flow, and sound control engineering, all created with Flowmaster's Delta Flow technology. The Stainless Steel Super 44s are the most aggressive, deepest sounding, highest performing 4 in. case street mufflers that Flowmaster has ever built. These American-made mufflers exceed OEM specifications for use on street cars, race cars, and sport trucks. They are ideal when dynamic sound, torque, and horsepower improvements are demanded in a smaller high performance muffler. Their maximum performance and improved flow path will generate more torque and power than ever before! If you really want to hear your exhaust system inside as well as outside of your vehicle, then these Stainless Steel Super 44 Flowmaster mufflers are for you.

·
Registered
1,830 Posts
the 44's sound better than the orig. 40's ? really .
Flowmaster Stainless Steel Super 44 mufflers offer distinct advantages over original 40 Series mufflers, while using the same technology as the Super 40 mufflers. The Stainless Steel Super 44 mufflers deliver a deep, rich tone with an improved flow path radius, optimum internal flow, and sound control engineering, all created with Flowmaster's Delta Flow technology. The Stainless Steel Super 44s are the most aggressive, deepest sounding, highest performing 4 in. case street mufflers that Flowmaster has ever built. These American-made mufflers exceed OEM specifications for use on street cars, race cars, and sport trucks. They are ideal when dynamic sound, torque, and horsepower improvements are demanded in a smaller high performance muffler. Their maximum performance and improved flow path will generate more torque and power than ever before! If you really want to hear your exhaust system inside as well as outside of your vehicle, then these Stainless Steel Super 44 Flowmaster mufflers are for you.
Looks like an ad from Flowmaster but my ear keeps telling me it's all true..Jack

·
Registered
20,109 Posts
Looks like an ad from Flowmaster but my ear keeps telling me it's all true..Jack
I just copied and pasted it from Summit's description for the 44s, but yes we know it's true because we live it.:D

·
Premium Member
244 Posts
I removed my set of Magnaflows and replaced them with Flowmaster Super 40 Series Delta Flow (PN852546) and I love them! The Magnaflows were ok until you opened her up, then it sounded like glasspacks, which I do not care for.
Just my opinion!:)

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
i think im going with the s40 flowmasters, the 44s sounds a little "raspy". 325 for a full install from the header to the turn downs. They guy i talked to gave me a good deal since he really wants to work on my car haha.

·
Registered
682 Posts
Are you serious? I was under the impression that super 40' s where the best sount. I should try this ones
Super 44 is the loudest/deepest tone, followed by Original 40-series, and then Super 40 is 3rd in line.

There is also a 10-series race muffler (single chamber) that is louder than any of the 40 series stuff.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts