Chevy Nova Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
78 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've recently cut out my old rusted floor pans and replaced them.(homemade floor pans) Now what brand of "rust stopper" should I use? im aware of rustoleum and por-15 but what do you guys recommend? the whole floor is stripped completely to bare metal and I've herd por-15 needs the floors to be banged up a bit to really stick? I perfer to use something that can be sprayed directly out of a can or applied with brush.. thanks for all responces in advance :)

·
Registered
72 Frame off, bare metal resto-mod. 383, TH350, Eaton Posi, Complete new suspension, disk brakes
1,519 Posts
POR-15 is the gold standard. I used it over bare metal but used an etching solution for POR-15 first.

·
Registered
78 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
what do you mean etching solution? I was leaning towards buying por-15 and having my dad pay for it since he wants to coat the trunk of his pick up lol but can you please explain the process? obviously I need to clean the area im going to use it on but what should I clean it with? how should I apply it? so on and so forth. thanks

·
Registered
78 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
im sure when I go buy it the store employee should be able to give me advice but I'd like to know some information ahead of time to not "seem" like such a newbie.

·
Registered
982 Posts
POR15 is the go to for many people.a cheaper alternative, and one that doesnt need as much prep, would be to clean make sure no dust or dirtt is on the surface, and spray rustoleum/ tremclad onto the metal, tremclads alittle more resistant, but rustoleum works just as well.

do you have any photos of your homemade pan? id like to see what and how you did it

·
Registered
78 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
sure i'l post some pics later in the week i have homework and its to cold right now. honestly it was a pretty bad job lol but for now it will do.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts