Chevy Nova Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
387 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey has anyone replaced a floor pan in a 75 Nova? Are they welded in or do they unbolt?

Larry at PapasNova

·
Registered
1974 Nova, 1977 Nova
2,057 Posts
Hi Larry,

The floor pans in all years of Novas are welded into the body of the car. The support braces on the bottom of the floor are welded to the floor pans as well.

I think there are some posts over in the body & interior forum that list all the details of how to cut out the old floor pans and weld the new ones into place.

Edited to add: Here's a post in the 3rd gen forum with lots of details & pics of the process --> http://stevesnovasite.com/forums/showthread.php?t=35636

·
Registered
504 Posts
Do they match?? I don't think so because that is what I was going to do with my 78 and the picture didn't match. Are you planning to make it a driver and you want to go that way and make them fit then do it. My decision was to go with a full floor from another car. A friend of mine was living in Arizona and located me one there. It wasn't even from Dessert Valley which according to a recent past article in Car Craft sells floors for $800. Another friend of mine in Flora ILL picked it up from friend in AZ and brought to me at the 2002 Nova Nationals in Harrisburg PA (20th anniversary of club) for me to haul back to Detroit area. Since I wanted to change over to factory bucket seats, I lucked out and got what I wanted. I plan on making my Nova a show car and was even given the advice of a frame shop owner to go this way for a show car. Also I am still gathering parts for my project and I don't have a place to work on it just yet.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts