Chevy Nova Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
586 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Curious if anyone here has put a access panel in the trunk or floor(wagon) for easy access to your in tank fuel pump. I'm going to do this to my wagon soon. I feel it will be much more road trip friendly by doing so so I wouldn't be on the side of the road dropping my fuel tank in the event of a pump failure. If anyone has done this especially a wagon please post pics of it. Thanks

·
Registered
12 Posts
Check Tanks Inc. They sell a "Floor access door." You'll just need to cut the hole and weld the floor access door into place. The cost is under $50.00 if my memory is correct. Good luck and post some pictures.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

·
Registered
586 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Sano, I've been looking at the Tank's Inc stuff and most likely will go with it. I wish they had one a bit bigger than there largest. Would be nice to find one similar that is big enough to get both hands in and actually be able to work on something. I'm just trying to make my car as road trip friendly as possible.

·
Registered
586 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Fwiw, I found a 14"×14" access door from Speedway. I'll post a couple of pics when I get it in.

·
Registered
586 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I bought this from Speedway. It was the biggest I could find. Should make it more road trip friendly in the event of a fuel pump failure.

Attachments

·
Registered
586 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I don't think so Shane but it's probably not a bad idea. It's a Walbro 255 so hopefully it'll last but fuel pumps are usually the weak link in the system.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts