Chevy Nova Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys,

I recently re-routed the fuel line in my 63 vert, i used aluminum 3/8" O.D. I also installed a holley blue series electric fuel pump and regulator. Without making any other modifications I started the fuel pump, set the regulator to 6 PSI and attempted to start the engine only to find that It was being flooded (spark plugs were soaked). Note, the only thing I did was to replace the fuel suppy to the carb, before the electric pump I was also using a regulator with the mech pump, the regulator was also set at 6 PSI.

I took the top piece off my Edelbrock (600 CFM, manual choke, performance tuning) placed it inside a bucket (floaters hanging )and started the pump, the fuel was pumped until the point when the gas level pushed up on the floaters and stopped the fuel supply. So the needles are ok. I then placed the top back on the the carb and tried starting the engine, same problem :confused:

What do you guys suggest :eek:

Should I drop the floaters lower (more than 1" ) so that they close at at lower fuel level inside the carb. :rolleyes:

I'm confused because the results of my fuel line mod resulted in the the same as with the mechanical pump, same fuel, same diameter and pressure at the carb inlet, I don't understand why the carb didn't like that.

Thanks for you help :)

·
Premium Member
11,208 Posts
The stock pump only does like 5 PSI if it's in good shape so maybe the 6 PSI is causing the float level to be to high now. You may have got some trash in the carb needle and seat from fooling with the lines too. I always try and pump some fuel though the system before I hook the lines up to the carb to flush them out. RM

1 - 4 of 4 Posts