Chevy Nova Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
so i have a 355 but i never bought a flexplate cause i have a scat laying around.
finally found the scat and after a quick inspection i realized it has a weight welded to it. which would mean it is for an externally balanced engine.my 355 is obviously internal balance.
i didnt think any harm from it so i just bolted her up.figuring that enigine balanced,flexplate balanced,harmonic balanced must be a good thing.
i cant see why it would harm anything.
can i expect harm or can i get away with this?

·
Registered
1,658 Posts
Yes dont run it. If you dont feel like pulling the motor or tranny you can get a cut off wheel up in there and cut the welds that hold the weights to the flexplate. I had to do that for my friend and his camaro. He made the same mistake but luckly caught it before he fired it up. I would not run it with the weights on there.

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yes dont run it. If you dont feel like pulling the motor or tranny you can get a cut off wheel up in there and cut the welds that hold the weights to the flexplate. I had to do that for my friend and his camaro. He made the same mistake but luckly caught it before he fired it up. I would not run it with the weights on there.
AHH CRAP!!!!
i was hoping you wouldnt say that but thanks for saying it cause the engine was going in in about 3 hours.
gonna break out the die grinder.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts