Chevy Nova Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1,559 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have been considering doing this mod for my front marker lights. Still haven't gone through with it. Thought I'd share the idea. Petty simple upgrade.

Here's how the front parking, turn signal and sidemarker lights are wired so that the sidemarkers DO NOT flash:

Here's how the system is wired to make the front sidemarkers do double duty as side turn signal flashers:

Source: http://www.danielsternlighting.com/tech/markerflash/markerflash.html

·
Registered
566 Posts
So your mod causes the side markers to ground through the signal element of the signal bulb? Then when signal voltage is applied, the side marker goes dim.

wouldn't this energize the signal element ( half power ) as well?

Not that it would be a problem, would just make your running element seem a bit brighter, and your side marker a bit less bright.

·
Registered
1,559 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
So your mod causes the side markers to ground through the signal element of the signal bulb? Then when signal voltage is applied, the side marker goes dim.

wouldn't this energize the signal element ( half power ) as well?

Not that it would be a problem, would just make your running element seem a bit brighter, and your side marker a bit less bright.
First off, this is not my mod. I didn't think it up. I didn't invent it. I've never even tried it. I provided a link with the original post giving credit to the author. It's his mod.

I am considering trying it. Just sharing info. You are not required to like it or use it. I may not use it myself. Still don't know.

·
Registered
1,559 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Told my dad about this idea when he was visiting awhile back. He called the other day and said he had tried it on his old truck and it worked great. Said the only downside was that LED bulbs were no longer on option for the side marker lights. Suggested that I upgrade as soon as possible.

Rewired my Nova today. Took it for a test drive tonight. Works great. The bulbs are every bit as bright as before. Now my car is more visible (easier to tell when I'm making a turn) and it's one more small change that seperates it from the rest of the crowd.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts