Chevy Nova Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello everyone!

I just bought my first muscle car, a beautiful 1969 Yenko tribute. I don't know much about the car or its history but I sure am happy with it. It has a 350 with the automatic 3-speed.

As I said, this is my intro to the wonderful world of classic cars. I wanted something that was finished and required little work so I can just drive, enjoy and tinker. Some planned upgrades include a good sound system. Right now I'm looking at the Concours USA-630 receiver and some new kickpanels with speakers. Does anybody have other recommendations? I've also thought about making holes in the door panels for speakers but I would rather not go cutting anything. I also want to add a tachometer, where do people typically mount these in the Nova? I will also be putting in seatbelts and possibly some power windows down the road (ya, I'm looking for some creature comforts).

Since the car isn't in original condition, (I know it isn't a real Yenko) I am not concerned with doing things period-correct but would like to keep everything as close as possible. If anyone has any recommendations or good resources for these modifications I am all ears! I'll probably be lurking around asking questions too. Thanks for looking.

·
Registered
1,196 Posts
Welcome. Thats a pretty sweet lookin car, I like it! Youll find everything you could ever want to know about your car on Steves, so brace thyself.

As for where to put a tach and the sound system, there is no wrong way. Its your car, and whatever makes you happy is what its all about. Speakers, I dont know about the 3rd gens, but I have two 6X9's in the back behind the seat and that works for me. I dont like cutting and drilling extra holes either if I dont have to.

I put my tach in the center of the Speedo where there was nothing anyway. Its just a cheapo little Sunpro, but gets the job done.

You sound like your pretty excited for your new toy, so have lots of fun and do lots of burnouts:devil:

You should post more pictures we wanna see what she looks like!:yes:

·
Registered
1,504 Posts
Nice car, what i did with my old 70 was i mounted a speaker under the dash in the factory spot and 2 hidden in the rear package tray, i then mounted a cd player hidden inside the glove box as i did not want to cut up the dash, plus i like the look of the factory radio, i would not cut the doors to mount the speakers, but then again it is your car

·
Registered
4,002 Posts
:waving:Welcome from Wisconsin. Nice looking Nova.
I noticed that the front fenders were missing the louvers; weren't those stock on a '69?

·
Registered
20,109 Posts
Welcome to the site and like said you have a nice looking Nova there.:yes:

·
Registered
26,336 Posts
NIIIIIIICE! :thumbsup:

BEAUTIFUL COLOR!!! :cool:

1 - 15 of 15 Posts