Chevy Nova Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

Registered
Discussion Starter #1
Hi ....first off thanks for letting me join to the admins.....
my name is Tim Odell....I'm from just outside of London in the UK....I'm a retired (ill health, cut the nerves in my spine, ) graphic designer who spends his days on heavy pain medication and also as an artist....mainly Hot Rods and Customs commission work which ends up all over the world....last graphic design job I did was to design the shirts for the So-Cal speedshop.....
car wise apart from helping my son build his beetle I haven't got anything special at the moment, plenty in the past but we decided a new car should be on the horizon and as I've had a fascination with Novas for years I think it's time to actively start looking for one, well it will be when I have the latest treatment thats on the horizon out of the way....so I will stay in the background asking the , no doubt, stupid question or 2....:turn:

Thanks
Tim
www.monkey-inc.co.uk

Registered
1970 Nova SS 350 Brandon, MS
Welcome Tim! Sorry to hear about the reason for retirement but glad to have you with us. What "flavor" Nova are you looking for? What sort of "build" are you planning?

Registered
Discussion Starter #3
for the welcome....ideally a 69 -71 and what to do with it will depend on the condition...I will probably head over to the states and see what I can find...I have quite a few friends out there who will look out for me....also I'm heading to Oregon and travelling down to San Francisco in September so I'll buy all the local magazines to see what's about....who knows what with the hike in gas prices in California there maybe folks ready to unload at a decent price....I think that's wishful thinking

as for engine size I don't really want to go too big...probably 350 tops....fuel is even dearer here :eek:

Super Moderator
Beautiful art. I admire it so much the more because I can't do it, and people who can draw or paint that well always amaze me. And nothing wrong with learning on a beetle--my son has one, and I find it odd the number of Nova/aircooled VW people I run across. Welcome to the site.

Come out and make a Pomona Swap meet or a local car show, and you'll have enough inspiration for car art for a good while.

Registered
Mike - 74 Nova Baltimore, MD
Welcome to the site.... and AWESOME website!!! (Your brand name and personal logo are great to!)
You've got some very unique skills. You might be able to hook-up with a Speed Shop to do some type of barter work in exchange for mechanical work on your future Nova.

Best of luck with your search!

Registered
1969 Nova . . 2dr . . Chino Valley,Az USA
:welcome:

"Surfmonkey" .... Tim .....

Welcome to the Best Site for Nova's anywhere .... :cool:

and, I like th' 69's also ... great cars : even, with the big'o 250 I-6 in them .....

:ragtop::ragtop::ragtop::chev::clap:

............Chino Valley, Arizona USA

Registered
:waving:Welcome from Wisconsin! USA. Good luck in finding yourself a Nova.

Registered
Discussion Starter #13
Beautiful art. I admire it so much the more because I can't do it, and people who can draw or paint that well always amaze me. And nothing wrong with learning on a beetle--my son has one, and I find it odd the number of Nova/aircooled VW people I run across. Welcome to the site.

Come out and make a Pomona Swap meet or a local car show, and you'll have enough inspiration for car art for a good while.

thanks for the comments....its my son who is the beetle fan...he wanted to build one so we got one that was in bits and he's just about finished...even sprayed it himself.....I've been around cars my whole life, started with building a v860 powered 27t roadster....the last car I had which I regret selling was a 60 Belair ....

1 - 15 of 15 Posts