Chevy Nova Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
68 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This weekend was the first time out with the 66 as fate would have it the weather kept us from running the car before the pinks event. Made alot of changes over the winter and were not sure how everything was gonna work. We got to Memphis checked in and made it through tech with no problems. Got one time trial on Friday's T&T went red and ran bad running lean at about 5000 RPM. Re jetted and adjusted the carb thinking we would get another TT but no such luck they cutoff early. Weather threatened Sat. but it was decided by the Pinks officals everyone would get one armdrop to qualify.
The bigger jets helped we ran 11:07 and qualified but did not make the group for the final 16 as it was a high 9 second field. Had a great time just wish we would have had some passed before coming to the big show. looks like all we done over the winter is gonna work out. Now back to the short track at Newport, Ar. (home track 600') to see how it goes this weekend.
BTW anyone know a good way to limit the front travel on a stock 2nd gen front end. It looks like we got too much to me in the pic.
Craig

·
Registered
309 Posts
It looks like you hooked to me but if you wanted to limit the front end trave have you thought of running a cable from the spring shield to the to of the upper a frame?

·
Registered
1,272 Posts
It looks like you hooked to me but if you wanted to limit the front end trave have you thought of running a cable from the spring shield to the to of the upper a frame?
I know someone who has done this. They used several holes with a pin so it could be adjusted easily at the track by just raising the hood.

·
Registered
4,612 Posts
chain

i used a 1/4 in chain , drilled a 3/8's hole in the spring cover, and the upper A frame, left some extra links to allow for adjustments, i used some grade 8 3/8's bolts an washers and lock nuts, worked like a champ

you'll love how much better it drives down the track

·
Premium Member
1,925 Posts
I don't know what shocks you are running but I had standard gabriel gas shock and switched to CE 90 10s. The 90 10s at full extension are about 2" shorter than the factory stock shocks.

·
Registered
68 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
The front shocks are QA1 coilovers with the Autofab kit, it may not be the best choice for the strip. But I will just will have to work with it, until I can afford an aftermarket frontend.
Craig :yes:

1 - 6 of 6 Posts