86 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have some good and bad news, the good is that i got the car all painted up

and the motor back in and running, so i decided to go to national trails

today, the first run down the track i ran a 11:61 @ 92mph, and the second i

ran a 11:74 @ 114mph, more good news is that on the second pass i cut a

.000 light, perfect, my first time:D the bad new is that the car is missing bad

between about 5000 to 6000rpm, now i just have to get the miss out and the

car to hook up better and ill be set, pics comming prob tommarow!;)

·
Registered
691 Posts
Nice #'s, What were your 60 ft times? What are you running for rear suspension? what tire? sorry for all the "?" I'm starting to work out my set-up when I finish my bodywork.:D

·
Premium Member
11,208 Posts
What happened that it ran 11.6? @ 92 then backed that up with a 11.7? @ 114. Good times but just odd. Put the practice tree away and fix the skip.......LOL. RM

·
Registered
86 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
first off the motor is a 406, it has dart pro1 230cc heads with 2.08 1.60 manley valves, comp. 1.6 ratio magnum rockers, ridgeline or somthing like that stud girdles not sure if that is the comp. name, any way, .100 longer comp. push rods, 825cfm demon carb, edelbrock supervictor intake, port matched to the heads w/ a 1406 intake gasket, msd digital e-curve dist, with timming curve locked out, srp 11.00:1 pistons, eagle 6" rods, eagle 3.75" stroke crank, king bearings, comp cams .555 lift cam with 306 advertised duration, about 588-590 with 1.6 rockers, comp solid lifters, i ported and polished the whole block under the intake (lifter valley), lifter valley breather tubes, oil restrictors, oh and childs and albert file fit rings, i think that is about every thing, lol no secrets here!!!!:D

Rear tires are mickey thompson slicks measuring a whoopin 26x8.5 on a 14" rim,

rear suspension is an tringulated four link with air bags, sleeve type bags

last sorry bout the mph thing i was reading 1/8 mile speed and matching that with my 1/4 mile time, the 60' were both right aroung 1.69 sec.

any more questions?:p i love talking about my car and dont mind answering any questions at all! thats half the fun in having the car is meeting people and talking about it and other cars to people!

·
Super Moderator
9,776 Posts
Great info! Thanks!!! Always gathering info for my 406 buildup. I'm at the cam stage now (actually have been for a while, but that's another story...)

Are your Eagle rods the 6" ESP 3D H-beam ones?

You said solid...solid flat tappet, or solid roller?

Did you need to run a reduced base circle cam, or is it a standard base circle one?

Did you have any rod clearance problems with the cam? If so, did you grind the rods to clear?

Thanks!!!

Pat

·
Registered
86 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
rods= esp forged, cam is a solid flat tappet, it is a standard base circle cam, but it was close! i didnt have to grind anything but the sides of the block on the oil pan rails, the rod bolts hit them. no grinding at all on the rods:D

1 - 8 of 8 Posts