Chevy Nova Forum banner

1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
My local track opens for test and tune March 22nd and I am taking my 74 nova out for its first pass at the strip. Does anyone have a similar combo and what kind of times did you run? I'm hoping for mid thirteens first time out.

-stock L-48 350 short block, worked 2.02 double hump heads, 292H Comp cam, 3000 stall converter, TH350 trans, 3:73 gears, Weiand single plane intake, full length headers into an x-pipe through turbo mufflers dumped at the rear end, and 26x8.5 MT ET Drags.

·
Registered
320 Posts
My local track opens for test and tune March 22nd and I am taking my 74 nova out for its first pass at the strip. Does anyone have a similar combo and what kind of times did you run? I'm hoping for mid thirteens first time out.

-stock L-48 350 short block, worked 2.02 double hump heads, 292H Comp cam, 3000 stall converter, TH350 trans, 3:73 gears, Weiand single plane intake, full length headers into an x-pipe through turbo mufflers dumped at the rear end, and 26x8.5 MT ET Drags.
12.55 is my guess

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Not knowing what traction aids you've installed I'm going to say 14.3's.

Good luck and I do hope you prove me wrong!

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App
Only traction aids are CE traction bars, and CE drag shocks in the rear. I hope I prove you wrong as well. Car is full weight with bench seats, except the heat and A/C have been gutted, and I switch to the 72 front end to save weight.

·
Registered
20,109 Posts
If it were a first gen you'd be in the 10's all day no matter what:stir::devil:
We are talking 1/4 mile here not 1/8 mile for you first gens.:devil::devil::no::D:D

·
Registered
1,896 Posts
I have that same cam in my 355, with flat tops, i have angle plug 2.02/1.60 camel hump heads, with performer RPM air gap and holly 750.

But i have 4.11 and a 4500 stall.

I went a best of 12.72 when i got to 1/4 mile but since then i have picked up almost 2 tenths in the 1/8 so 12.40sh I also just have slapper bars but have slicks.

If you hook you should be good for a mid-high 12 if everything is tuned right

·
Registered
20,109 Posts
:D:D:D All i'm saying is y'all are heavy:yes::yes:
3475 lbs. with me in my last 71 everyday driver and only car for 4 years of the 6 that I owned it. It went 11.60s in the quarter motor only. That was bench seat, jumper cables, spare tire, bumper jack, etc.. Yes us 3rd genners are heavy(the car not me(175 lbs.):yes:

·
Registered
1,405 Posts
3475 lbs. with me in my last 71 everyday driver and only car for 4 years of the 6 that I owned it. It went 11.60s in the quarter motor only. That was bench seat, jumper cables, spare tire, bumper jack, etc.. Yes us 3rd genners are heavy(the car not me(175 lbs.):yes:
Well dang that ain't bad at all

·
Registered
92 Posts
I think youll be pleasantly surprised...im guessing 12.80s...after a few runs getting used to the car/tuning etc im thinking 12.5s-12.6s

·
Registered
448 Posts
Been down this road before. I would say 13.40s with the team g. If you swap over to a performer rpm intake it should pick up a couple tenths. Good luck

1 - 20 of 32 Posts