Chevy Nova Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
601 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am planning on installing tubular control arms and sway bars pretty soon. I'd like to do it myself...except I have never done any mechanical work on a car...I've never even changed the oil myself :wow:

But I'd like to get started with some stuff. Is starting with control arms/sway bars not a a good idea? Seems to be bolt on type stuff, I know there's instruction manuals for this stuff, and I can always ask on here for help....
I'm fairly knowledgeable...I just don't have the experience

What's your thoughts?

·
Registered
988 Posts
sway bars are a simple bolt on job but control arms are a little more involved because of the coil springs.I replaced all of my front suspension no biggee but I used a coil spring compresser from Auto Zone loaner tools.If you don't have any mechanical experience working on your car I do not reccomend trying to change front control arms if the spring gets away from you they can do alot of harm to you or your car google or do a search here before you attempt this job. you canalso change them with a floor jack to control the unloading of the springs

·
Registered
414 Posts
2x^^^^^
if you wanna learn, get someone who has done it to help you. i use the jack method myself but do not recommend it.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts