Chevy Nova Forum banner
41 - 60 of 69 Posts

·
Registered
76 Posts
Discussion Starter · #42 ·
Remember, don’t spend to go fast,
you want only consistent ET’s.
I’ve spent enough. And I think I have enough hardware to get me down the track. Just need tires rear rims and paint. But I’m gonna listen to that and find my best and try to beat my best then I at least know where my car stands

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
76 Posts
Discussion Starter · #43 ·
Can all you guys just come over. I’ll supply beer, bullshit, and beer

·
Registered
567 Posts
Please don't paint that car. Lol. You have no idea how bad guys who roll in with $250k toterhome/stacker combos, and $100k cars HATE to get trailers by one of us backyard guys.

·
Registered
76 Posts
Discussion Starter · #46 ·
Please don't paint that car. Lol. You have no idea how bad guys who roll in with $250k toterhome/stacker combos, and $100k cars HATE to get trailers by one of us backyard guys.
Griz. Are you telling me to leave my grocery getter car bare steel just to piss more people off??? Hahahah I think I like this

·
Registered
76 Posts
Discussion Starter · #47 ·
Griz. Are you telling me to leave my grocery getter car bare steel just to piss more people off??? Hahahah I think I like this

This is why I call it my fighting car. Haha it’s gonna upset those fat check book boys

·
Registered
567 Posts
Ok, lol, I didn't look at the paint job close enough. Ya, I 'spose you should put something on it. Shoot it with grey primer, ghost coat it with something to block sand it, and then whatever condition it's in on race day... RUN IT.

·
Registered
76 Posts
Discussion Starter · #49 ·
Ok, lol, I didn't look at the paint job close enough. Ya, I 'spose you should put something on it. Shoot it with grey primer, ghost coat it with something to block sand it, and then whatever condition it's in on race day... RUN IT.
Muahaha. Rubbing my hands together. Hell I’ll even out a baby on board sticker lol

Once I get this car dialed in I know and people even warned me. Prepare for the snobby looks. That’s why shady nasty (shadynasty) was chosen for this.
I got a 2 door here on the fsrm that will be worked on but nothing too crazy although I will have 2 540’s and one 383 stroker lm7 amongst all the other cars and goodies I got laying around

·
Registered
76 Posts
Discussion Starter · #50 ·

·
Registered
76 Posts
Discussion Starter · #51 ·
That 540ci motor will be delivered to me today ! I’ll post pics soon

Reactions: GRIZBYII

·
Registered
15 Posts
So Jimmy...... I missed where you live and what's your home track. I live near Lansing MI. And have bracket raced for about 4 years. 1966 Nova. 327. Powerglide.

·
Registered
76 Posts
Discussion Starter · #53 ·
So Jimmy...... I missed where you live and what's your home track. I live near Lansing MI. And have bracket raced for about 4 years. 1966 Nova. 327. Powerglide.
I live in Boyd wisconsin, but about 45 mins west of here is rock falls raceway. Used to work there for a while. That’s another thing. I’m trying to decide turbo 400 or power glide behind my 540

·
Registered
76 Posts
Discussion Starter · #54 ·
Nvm wrong motor came in, 383 stroker lm7. Just never did a turbo setup before which is my place for this one

·
Registered
63 Posts
So I have been studying drag racing for many years reading lots and lots, tips tricks, lift height..
I’m getting very close to finishing the car, the 540bbc is coming here in a couple weeks, qa1 double adjustment coil over front tubular a arms, sub frame connectors, mono leaf Detroit speed rear end, Denny drive shafts, looking for a power glide and a good rear end setup yet. Will have a 15 gal fuel cell not only for street but to add weight if need be on the track, I do have a 6-71 blower debating putting on. 8pt roll cage, now I’m taping everything off to paint the front frame, cage and all that, put the interior back together. I’ve never drag raced on a track with anything. I’ve worked at rock falls raceway in Eau claire wi for a year and learned a bunch but I’d like to not wrap up the rear end and learn to transfer all weight to the ground and not blow the tires off. Would be pointless not to hook up right?
My goal is to have her ready mid summer or at least testing out here in the country and learning what she does. The car was hit in the rear once. And I repaired it. But I’m afraid she’s gonna hook funny so I’m debating 4 link setup so I can adjust as much as I can. I do have coil overs for the back. Just don’t know how I want to go about this. I can’t find anyone in my area that gets into racing or that I know that would be willing to give me a hand building this car. So since 2012 I been building it by myself. I got weld mags on the front and aerospace brakes on the front but I gotta do the rear for rims and brakes yet.
I’ve done a ton of research but experience is what I’m kind of looking for. Someone to say hey you don’t need that sway bar in the front or yes keep it, limiting straps or hard mount engine.

Anyone in the area ? I just snapped my femur racing sled around here. Sold that and got another pickup truck for another project like I need more. So waiting for surgery to anchor tendons down so I can walk again and get back into working on this thing. Looking for advice, to become friends with drag people and support. Dream thing here and I’m getting excited but I want to do it right
Thanks
Jimmy

Well good luck on it all! Personally, from the looks of it, I would've left that car alone and just driven it but hey! it's yours so have fun and be careful out there.

·
Registered
76 Posts
Discussion Starter · #56 ·
I got a lot of novas. So why not right?

·
Registered
14 Posts
crew cab row boat... old school small block, double humps and a dual plane. 8.8 w 4:11 and Muncie 4 speed. 7.74-7.76 all day long. throw your parts together and get out there.

·
Registered
76 Posts
Discussion Starter · #58 ·

·
Registered
1,357 Posts
For consistency on small tires a power glide may not be a bad idea. For better E.T. I’d go t-400. I ran a 400 for 18 years in my car. Started with the 427 going 10.50’s to when I sold it going 8.80’s.

·
Registered
76 Posts
Discussion Starter · #60 ·
For consistency on small tires a power glide may not be a bad idea. For better E.T. I’d go t-400. I ran a 400 for 18 years in my car. Started with the 427 going 10.50’s to when I sold it going 8.80’s.
And that’s my other dilemma. I kind of want to do a small tire. But I also wouldn’t mind doing a small back half. Just getting frustrated thinking. And it’s nothing cause of building the car. I just tore the ligaments and snapped my femur. So trying to think out this build has been hard since I started this little threat we got going on

41 - 60 of 69 Posts