Chevy Nova Forum banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey all just wanted to say hi and thanks for allowing me to join the group. Working on my first restore for my son. 1963 Chevy II 4 door with an inline 6. To be honest I was surprised that instead of blacking the car out he wants to go old school and put the chrome back on and even use the factory wheels and caps instead of some Kragars. I'm sure I'll have many questions going forward and I hear that this site is a great resource so thanks in advance for all your help

·
Registered
2,685 Posts
welcome to the nova site. there's plenty of help to be found here. the thing about these old novas that after 58 years they are still fixable an able to got down the road.

·
Super Moderator
3,779 Posts
GREAT starter car, great learner car, and I did the dad/son collaboration. Welcome to the site. Very viable car to make run right and put some time into, and there are so many helpful people here on site.

·
Vendor
1,705 Posts
Welcome! Where in Oregon are you? I have a customer in Dallas that just picked up a '63 4-door for his son and they are getting to work on it. Strange coincidence :giggle:

·
Registered
4,537 Posts
and ................... WELCOME to SNS . . . . . . . nice looking & straight Chevy II .

glad to have you join up . . (y)

. . .
jim

Reactions: Dolphinmarty

·
Registered
1,227 Posts
Welcome to the group (y) that 63 has either a 194 or the 230 in it.

·
13,582 Posts
Need to delve into it a little more. Pretty sure it's a 194 but I'm not sure about the bottom end. Might not be all original.
It's probably a 194. The 194 CID was the only factory Chevy II six cylinder engine in 1963 models. The 230 CID was added as an option in 1964.

Bob

·
Registered
Mike - 74 Nova Baltimore, MD
1,448 Posts
Hello and welcome to the site!
Looks like a great father and son project. Please keep us posted on your progress.

·
Registered
4,537 Posts
hey 'Dolphin' . . . .
take a sheet of paper & write down all your "cowl Tag #'s ; and u'r "vin number" . . . . .
then ; go here too look - up your different #'s . . . .

NovaResource - Nova Engine Codes

great site -- good info -- on the main page = drag across the header area . . . . for more info .

ALSO , plan on buying a " FAM = Factory Assembly Manual " for your year car ( note : about
$ 20 / $ 25. 00 from different vendors . . . and, they are "copy's of copy's of copy's , but still good to
have .

Thank you , have fun . . . . . . have u'r son look - up those numbers ( "car Homework" . . . .
gotta start somewhere . . . lol ) .

. . . jim

·
Vendor
1,705 Posts
I'm in East Portland/Gresham.
I am out of Lebanon. Hit me up if you ever need parts. We have a good network of Chevy II enthusiasts in the PNW.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts