Chevy Nova Forum banner

1 - 20 of 93 Posts

·
Registered
143 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey. Just joined a couple days ago. The site is great. Looks like I can learn a lot from you guys and looks like I can get a lot of help from here.

I've always wanted a nova and my girlfriend surprised me with one a couple days ago!! So excited to start on it. This will be the first time restoring a car so any tips would be great! Where should I start, good sites to buy parts and just other stuff that would be good to know. Any info would be greatly appreciated. Well here she is. Pictures are below ( of the car, not my amazing girlfriend) lol

·
Registered
143 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Nice, I'm working on a 72 right now.... Does it run?
Haven't done any test yet but when I bought it he turned it on and it was on for about 30 seconds then shut off. He poured some gas in the carb to show that it does start up. He said it can only be in park and neutral. Lemme know your thoughts

·
Registered
271 Posts

·
Registered
1974 chevy. Ova
1,179 Posts
welcome to the family! You better make her a wife and not a girlfriend or someone else here is going to snatch her up!

What plans do you have for the car? It looks like the previous owner has started on a touring/restomod build with those wheels. Whatever you decide to do it looks like you've got a solid foundation to start on, and that's great!

·
Registered
213 Posts
That's awesome of her to buy that for you! Looks like a great starting point. I'd recommend starting by getting rid of those rims. I'll do you a favor and give you my stock 14" rims off my 72 for yours. :yes:
Honestly the starting point is to figure out exactly what you plan to do with the car first. Do you want to do a frame off restoration or make a nice cruiser/strip car? Also plan your budget. You don't want to get in over your head.
Finally, :waving: welcome to the site!

·
Registered
5,681 Posts
Welcome to the site. Great to see that new nova followers =)

Looks like a solid car and a great start... hope that the car runs...

Keep the progress coming and great to see that your being supported with your girlfriend....:turn:

·
Registered
251 Posts
Welcome to Steves! Awesome girlfriend, and car! Looks like it used to be the color of mine. Do you have any paint choices in mind?

·
Registered
143 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Welcome to Steves! Awesome girlfriend, and car! Looks like it used to be the color of mine. Do you have any paint choices in mind?
YES I do. I Want this color combo. IM STUCK on one thing though. paint the chrome? or leave as is?????

·
Registered
25 Posts
looks like a really good start to a sharp car. i like the color on the car you like and imo i would paint the chrome. welcome to the site.

·
Registered
205 Posts
Nice Ride man!
I think the chrome painted is what makes the car that you like look so bad a**
along with the stance and rims.

·
Premium Member
1968 Chevy II Nova, Central Arkansas
2,014 Posts
Looks like a good start. It is all about what you like. For me I like the contrast that the chrome offers so I like to leave it orginal.

·
Registered
251 Posts
Yeah, thats a beautiful car. That car was in one of my chevy magazines. I think was built by "Rad rides by Troy". If the wheels stay black, paint the bumpers black!

·
Registered
13 Posts
looks like the start to a nice car! i even like the wheels. lol. as for painting the chrome... i like the bumpers painted body color, but if u are talking about a different color {such as black on a gray car}, then im not so sure. nova bumpers are pretty big, and that would be alot of contrasting color. notice the 'rad rides' nova has really small camaro bumpers which dont stand out too much. but as they say.... 'different strokes...'. this is just my 2 cents.

·
Registered
143 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Nice car to start with and welcome to the site!! So ur car wi only run while in park or neutral? Neutral safty switch maybe????
thing is I havent gotten a chance to look at it yet :( waiting for space to open up at a mechanics shop. All I DO know is, is that the previous owner sold it to me with a full tank of gas, yet he still had to drop some gas in the carb to get it to start up. it was only running for about 20 seconds before it got cut off. But the engine is running. Cant wait to investigate lol :yes:

1 - 20 of 93 Posts