Chevy Nova Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
70 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
It was finally time to get the car down the track since I acquired it about 6 months ago. It was at Orlando Speedworld's last weekend. The first pass was 1/8th mile with a pro tree (got in wrong lane - super pro). No line lock on the car and the first burnout was bad. Spun thru first, hit second and felt like it was going into tire shake and short shifted into third and the car still was spinning the tires. Ended up with a 7.10 / 101
The second pass we got in the street lane (1/4 mile). Better burnout, spun off the hit and then hooked a bit, hit second and it started to pull better, hit third and started to spin and lifted around 1,000 ft. 12.10 / 92
The car needs a line lock, slicks and some 4 link tuning and with that I think it is a 10 sec 10to1 pump gas car.

Here is a link to a couple short videos and a few pics for those that would care to look.

http://s1177.beta.photobucket.com/u... ChevyII-Nova Pro Street/Orlando Speedworld -

·
Premium Member
2,367 Posts
Sweet ride! :thumbsup: With 101 mph in the 1/8, you potentially have a 9 second car on pump gas. :yes: Post more pics, and some details on motor, suspension, etc.

·
Registered
70 Posts
Discussion Starter #3 (Edited)

It's an Alston full chassis car, all steel except the hood, 565 Merlin, Brodix heads, TH400 with a trans brake, Dana 60 rearend, 4.10 gears, 33x22.5x15 Hoosier Quick Times. I had/have a Holley HP 950 on it for streetability. I also have a 2 circuit 1050 Dominator that I would like to try (I can't get it "happy" for street use).

1 - 3 of 3 Posts