Chevy Nova Forum banner

121 - 140 of 196 Posts

·
Registered
4,086 Posts
thank you...and thanks for commenting, i wasnt sure the posts were showing up...
YES - - it appears that all of your info & updates & pictures are still working very good (just "feed - back" , for you) .
I just read u'r complete thread . . . and Great Job - - - very Nice .

and , Thank You For your info & details / w / pictures - - - NPHNP - - - (even with the 'New Format' ( SNS ) .

I'm watching , later - jim

·
Registered
305 Posts
Discussion Starter #126
YES - - it appears that all of your info & updates & pictures are still working very good (just "feed - back" , for you) .
I just read u'r complete thread . . . and Great Job - - - very Nice .

and , Thank You For your info & details / w / pictures - - - NPHNP - - - (even with the 'New Format' ( SNS ) .

I'm watching , later - jim
thank you and thanks for the feed back...

·
Registered
2,432 Posts
Do the DSE mini tubs require bisecting the frame rail or can you go up th the fac of the frame rail?

Really nice work man..!

·
Registered
305 Posts
Discussion Starter #132 (Edited)
Do the DSE mini tubs require bisecting the frame rail or can you go up th the fac of the frame rail?

Really nice work man..!
thank you... ive read that some people have installed them without notching the rails, however i cant remember seeing actual pictures of this... after having done this, though, in my opinion, i wouldnt use them without notching the rails... you could prob cut the vertical flange off and install them differently... but with the flange flush against the factory outer tub, you can tell they would like to be installed further into the frame... i did try to mock them up without notching the rail, just to check... i couldnt get further into mocking them up, without feeling like i would have to cut the vertical flange and trim it down,to get it anywhere close, without notching. then to me, i didnt want to spend the price on the tubs, do the work of tubing it and not get as much room as i could.... hope that makes sense...

so, im sure it is possible, just that i couldnt tell you yes, unless i could show you how i did it... i can sort of see how i would do it (which would be my opinion)... in my case.. i also wanted the frame notch (and access to the inner part of the frame), which gave me the ability to reinforce the frame and tie the front frame, subframe connectors and 4 link crossmember, all the way back to the coilover crossmember....

·
Registered
2,432 Posts
So, in reality they are intended for the frame to be notched as delivered.. You can elect to modify the installation of them differently if you wanted to by choice..

·
Registered
305 Posts
Discussion Starter #136
So, in reality they are intended for the frame to be notched as delivered.. You can elect to modify the installation of them differently if you wanted to by choice..
yes... they re definitely designed to fit with notching the frame, if you want to install them without notching the frame, im sure you could... but you would hve to trim everything, including the factory tub and dse tub different than how it is instructed.

·
Registered
305 Posts
Discussion Starter #137
almost ready to throw the suspension back together... been working on cleaning up welds, deleting misc holes, etc on the pan and firewall... and roughing in some metal work in those areas, so that i can protect it a bit from rust... while its on the rotisserie... checking on some pricing/options on rebuilding or upgrading the rear end too... just didnt want to continue to fill this thread up with posts unrelated to the rear suspension

·
Registered
305 Posts
Discussion Starter #139
Very impressive build. Thank you for lighting a fire under my ass on my build.
thank you... ive been doing misc to it (that isnt necessarily rear suspension, so havent updated this thread), like shaving the firewall, etc... prior too putting everything back together... will be in the ground soon

·
Registered
305 Posts
Discussion Starter #140
hadnt updated the thread in a while... had to focus on other unrelated things for a bit... started back on it about a week ago to button up this part of the project for now...

finished welding up the rear end brackets and axle tubes... for the tubes to center section, used high nickle tig rod and followed the heating procedure just to be as careful as i could and just did my best (hadnt welded cast to mild steel before)...

mig welded the rest

121 - 140 of 196 Posts