Chevy Nova Forum banner

241 - 260 of 265 Posts

·
Registered
1,699 Posts
The quality of your work and attention to detail are exceptional. I really enjoy seeing how you do things. I learn something every time I check in on your progress.

·
Registered
484 Posts
Discussion Starter #247 (Edited)
they/CW do make aluminum inners that work with their setup, but to save cost, i used the CPP inners I already have... had to do a bunch of trimming and fit up, but got them in best i could... since, i may need to cut into them and further modify them to fit other misc items into the engine bay, i wanted them to be able to be put in and pulled out with the rest of the front end installed... able to do that now...

·
Registered
484 Posts
Discussion Starter #251
They turned out nice ! That’s part of the game, always gotta modify something 👍
thank you... i agree, definitely part of the game... need to work on the hood... test fit it with the hinges, then all the body panels would be on for now... prob going to wait until in put the engine and trans in, first... then hood... then i can set it on the ground, adj the height if needed.... and start figuring out the wiring...

·
Registered
484 Posts
Discussion Starter #252
figuring out seating... may end up with a roll cage, but still want 4 seating positions...started by modifying the original uppers to fit around the mini tubs... since this is related to the mini tubs, in case someone sees this thread in the future and has an issue with the DSE instructions, thought i would post better pics of what is done to fit them... surface rust from sitting outside for a bit, but in good condition to use... will clean up and paint or coat them later...

·
Registered
484 Posts
Discussion Starter #256
moved to the upper section that needs to be modified... it was a bit irritating to remove the sections, but a little patience and it was relatively easy to do... i marked 2.5" from the vertical rod, next to the diagonal rod... and this is where the cut was made... to remove the section, you have to grind the little bit of weld, or whatever they used to attach the rod to each other and to the main frame... for the main frame, on the back side of the rod, there are what appear to be two slots... it looks sort of spot welded in two spots... i ground that area down first, seemed to help free it up... its hard to explain, but would hopefully make sense, if someone is trying to do this and looks at the frame...

removed the rest of the section of rod, intact...

·
Registered
484 Posts
Discussion Starter #257
this other side was easier, after having done the first... .here are the spots I was referring to, that i ground down on the back side of the rod, to help remove it from the main frame... hope what im saying makes sense... or maybe this is common sense to people... just stating it in case, because ive seen where other people had just cut the rod in more pieces, to avoid it.. you could do that too... i wanted to removed it intact...
It was ground on the other side.. there were two small spot welds in the center of each slot connecting the rod to the frame... and then a little grinding on the this side also...

241 - 260 of 265 Posts