Chevy Nova Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
347 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
So I'm looking into re-doing my whole rear end with a 4-link setup. Since I'm going this route I'm also thinking of getting a new shortened rear end built to allow for larger wheels and have less backspacing so I can get that deep wheel look.

My first option was have a 9" built to S10 specs which is 1.75" shorter on each end.

My question is, is there a size that best supports the most wheels? I'm initially planning on running 245's on custom 16x8 wheels, but I would love to build this to be able to work with the most wheel options. I can always add a spacer to adjust outward slightly.

So, I guess my question is for those of you who have shortened rear ends on a first gen if you're happy with how much you shortened it or if you have a number that you think works best.

Thanks in advance

·
Registered
347 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Haha. I appreciate the concern, but the car is about 10% original Nova (steering column and the headlight switch?) so I don't think it'll mind.

·
Registered
79 Posts
My 62 has an s10 rear end in it...it’s a good way to get a deep dish wheel without mini tubbing. The only problem you run in to is a lot of wheel companies won’t go below 4 inch backspacing on an 8 inch wheel.

I have a set of Budnik Wheels on order now 17x7 and 17x8 with 245\45 rear....they would let me do a 3 inch backspace on an 8 with a traditional lip or I could do a 3.75 on a soft lip wheel. You can’t go as low with the soft lip due to the way the hoop is made when reversed on an 8. I have a TCI front and rear clip.

I put some TTII’s I had on it with 4 inch backspace until my new wheels come in. I’ve lowered the rear since these pics.

Attachments

·
Registered
79 Posts
His wheels look to be 20x10 coys with flat caps...Tuckin20 will have to verify but pretty sure 20x10 coys are 5.5

Edit...I was wrong...went to tuckin20 build link and it says he is running 20x10 with 5 inch backspacing

·
Registered
4,716 Posts
I really like the way your nova came out :yes: I have an S-10 rear end and plan to do the same with my 64. Thank you for the pictures also :yes:

1 - 9 of 9 Posts