Chevy Nova Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
547 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hey there, I've seen a few guys here have aftermarket bracing between their shock towers. I have found a few shops that sell nice, affordable bolt on kits.

I'm an idiot when it comes to suspension stuff. My question is what changes they make to the car? Does it help with the bad body roll? I was told that for drag racing you want to leave that front-end stuff sloppy, for example no big sway bars on the front end. This could all be dead-wrong I do not know.

Input?

·
Registered
1,515 Posts
Snokes makes a real nice bar that connects the shock towers. makes things more rigid, Novas have very little connecting the two sides together, just that little bolt on "crossmember" compare to a crossmember on a Chevelle or the DSE front subframe replacement. Helps with twisting, spreads cornering loads out. I'm not a drag racer but you what the front to rise when accelerating to transfer weight to the rear wheels stuff that restricts that movement is bad. Sway bars for instance, moroso drag springs are softer and longer than stock so the car sits stockish but rises easily when accelerating. That's about all I got the stock front end has lots of rubber and lots of changes in geometry with rising and falling can be improved but there are rules about such things.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts