Chevy Nova Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
118 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Not sure if this is the right forum to post this in.

Can anyone recommend a good shop to rebuild or retrofit a radio? I have a 62 and two 66 radios that I would like rebuilt. I do not want to change the case or style or look to them at all, but I would like to be able to have solid state and bright light, and FM, and MP3 mini plug installed.

Thanks.

·
Registered
118 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Bump?

Bump? No one has any recommendations? I would like someplace reliable and reputable.

·
Premium Member
7,981 Posts
I sent these guys a mint NOS AM pushbutton radio for my '65 and they converted it to modern electronics (stereo FM and auxilliary input). I think it has 50 watts per channel x 4 now.

http://www.turnswitch.com/index.htm

It's pretty-cool. You can't tell it's been modified at all from looking at it. To switch from AM to FM you turn it off and then back on again. A little red LED lights up behinds the AM radio scale on the faceplate. Other than that, you cannot tell it's been modified from looking at the front.

They sell some higher performance speakers that are designed to replace the factory speakers with the same shape and bolt pattern too.

·
Premium Member
2,038 Posts
I sent these guys a mint NOS AM pushbutton radio for my '65 and they converted it to modern electronics (stereo FM and auxilliary input). I think it has 50 watts per channel x 4 now.

It's pretty-cool. You can't tell it's been modified at all from looking at it. To switch from AM to FM you turn it off and then back on again. A little red LED lights up behinds the AM radio scale on the faceplate. Other than that, you cannot tell it's been modified from looking at the front.

They sell some higher performance speakers that are designed to replace the factory speakers with the same shape and bolt pattern too.
I had them rebuild/retrofit mine too. Now I can listen my iPod by plugging it in, or listen to a portable CD player (also plugged in-not all my music is downloaded yet), or FM. Sounds fantastic! Outward appearance is completely stock.

·
Registered
118 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Thanks for the suggestions. I really appreciate it. I will be sending it off this week.

·
Banned
26,231 Posts

No hijacking intended...

hey Jeff are you still marketing your updated gauge clusters that I still have info on in my siggy link?

Johnny

1 - 8 of 8 Posts