Chevy Nova Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,014 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I need to make a decision on whether to put power brakes or manual on my '62. It has a stock LS1, 4 wheel discs, and will be more of a cruiser than a racer. Manual brakes would take less room but I could live with the booster in there too. I will use a dual master cylinder either way and a dual diaghram 7 inch booster if I go with power. Any real life experience either way?

·
Premium Member
2,014 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Which master cyliner are you using?

·
Premium Member
2,014 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I used 69 corvette, disk/disk, no prop valve. Was about 50 bucks at O'reilley.....

T,
excellent, I have driven a friend's '67 Corvette that does not have power and it did pretty darn good

·
Vendor
7,085 Posts
Other thing to consider,amount of vacuum your engine will make.Also adding a stock size booster with tall valve covers makes valve adjustments a PIA.Manual brakes make it much simpler.

·
Premium Member
2,014 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Other thing to consider,amount of vacuum your engine will make.Also adding a stock size booster with tall valve covers makes valve adjustments a PIA.Manual brakes make it much simpler.
Very good point. I have an LS1 and that area is pretty busy over there. Even with a dual diaphram 7" it would be ugly.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts