Chevy Nova Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

· Registered
81 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am getting ready to swap an ls in my 64 nova. I have a universal griffin radiator sbc style with the upper and lower hoses on opposite sides. Can anyone tell me what hoses they used and water pump.

Thanks,Phil

· Premium Member
3,326 Posts
I think typically, both outlets are located on the passenger side for the LS swap. I am assuming your lower is on the passenger side and the upper is on driver's side. Are you running stock intake or are you carb? You can see in my pic that a passenger side was a must.
Hood Motor vehicle Bumper Automotive design Rim

· Registered
81 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Very nice. Yes upper is on drivers side. Will be using edelbrock pro flo xt. Just looking for sime help on a part# or model of car to source the hoses i will need.

· Premium Member
3,326 Posts
So I'm guessing you won't have the intake hose and air filter to contend with. I can dig around and find what I used on the lower. I know I had to use a swivel thermostat housing on the lower. For the upper, you may have to visit your friendly parts store and ask if you can look through their hoses.

· Premium Member
3,326 Posts

Check this out.

· Registered
1963 Nova coupe, Phoenix Arizona
2,413 Posts
Mine are run like Pat’s above. In the past I just bent up a coat hanger to the shape I wanted, took it and a pair of calipers to the auto parts store and started looking. I have pretty good parts store and they’ll let me look around in the back at what they have in stock and try to match it up.

· Registered
1,049 Posts
I am using the stock radiator and fans from a 1999 everybody in my 65 swap. I’m controlling the fans with the holly terminator X computer with a 2006 Ford fusion PWM controller. It works great, flows a ton, and is infinitely adjustable.

For the hoses, both the upper and lower are from a 2006 Silverado. I had to use an adapter to make one end of the hose smaller for the lower hose but that was pretty easy. The upper hose I cut in the middle and added this coupler, so that I could have a return for the steam line. That had the ability to clock it anyway I wanted. Once I painted the Cupler, it blends right in

Upper hose:

Coupler:

Here is my setup:
Hood Vehicle Automotive tire Car Automotive lighting

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

1 - 9 of 9 Posts