Chevy Nova Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Premium Member
488 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
ok so like many others , i was not happy with the fit and feel of my new lokar pedal assembly, it just was not right , so after playing around with a few things i finnaly came up with something i feel works, it is nice and solid , no binding and the geometry is sooo much better, i used a stainless steel bracket i had around the shop, ( actually its a front truck/bus s cam brake slack adjuster bracket) hers some pics.....

·
Super Moderator
10,022 Posts
I'm not thrilled with the pedal 'feel' of mine either, so I'd love to have a good solution to the problem. From the pix, you attached the cable end to the new bracket, instead of having it anchored on the firewall. I'm not seeing how that changes the geometry though... How did you move it relative to where it was, and why couldn't you do that when it was on the firewall? Is it just the stiffer foundation to work with (instead of the firewall) that makes the difference? I'm not doubting it helps...just trying to understand what the fix is so I can try it on mine.

@klean63 - the complaint is usually that it takes too much pressure because it feels like it's binding, and the pull angle on the cable end isn't great and doesn't give you the right leverage. Mine works OK through about 3/4 throttle, then it's kinda random. Sometimes you can get WOT, sometimes you get 7/8, etc. Others have said it's the stalk part flexing, and adding a lower mount point to the stalk has helped.

·
Premium Member
488 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
basically, the bracket is alot more of a straight mounting point for the cable, before when using the offset washers lokar provided, the cable was pulling to much and was on too much of an angle, much more so with my bigblock cylinder heads in the way, you can t really see in the pics but the cable is almost perfectly staight inline with the pedal at its mounting point, the cable itself is still on a angle coming out through the firewall, but with it not mounted to the firewall its not being pulled/binding anymore... trust me the feel of the pedal is like a night and day differnce......

·
Premium Member
20,542 Posts
I hate the way mine feels:mad:The cable actually cut a grove in that sleeve that goes thru the firewall.I had to get down there with a dremel and cut that grove out.Just a matter of time before it does it again:mad:

1 - 8 of 8 Posts