Chevy Nova Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
583 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
anyone who has their original bumper jack, what color are the painted parts (jack base, etc.)? the one mine came with, the base is black but the jack is not original.

found a thread about '69 color being a Krylon gray, but no first gen info.

thanks for any/all info.

-Rusty

·
Registered
583 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
so then the black is correct? the guy said it was a nova jack, but it has no markings other than "A" and "B" on it. he also said the car had very little rust...but that is another story.

nonetheless, that makes painting it way easier, as we have no gray. problem solved. thanks, bbqrat!

·
Registered
583 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
hmm...maybe they came in different colors..? what year is yours, wolfmantough? interesting.

i know where there is a little old lady '63 vert, and it will be original but she is hard to meet up with.

saw that Ollie's is having a Krylon blowout near me so figured now is the time to paint this beast.

-Rusty

·
Registered
583 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
an humorous update to this...

finally checked out the little old lady 63 bumper jack she believed was stock. was it grey or black? well, guess what: both! ugh.

the wingnut was scrubbed from wear, but still had some of it's grey paint. the base, though, was a flat black, and the ratcheting portion under the tire was semi-gloss. really, then three paint types. so much for stock. can kind of see a wing nut being a different color, but that base had to be done up by someone other than stock.

therefore, still can't be positive, but maybe it is an either/or. clearly not crazy important, just a surprise to me there wouldn't be a standard color (save the supplier $).

-Rusty

1 - 6 of 6 Posts