Chevy Nova Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1973 Custom hatchback
1,113 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
last Thursday I got a case of ambition; I had ben working on the alignment of my 73 Nova, and I drove it to work for fun and a test drive. It was drifting to the left some and the steering wheel was off 10 deg.

Thursday there is a weekly car show/ get together at the Green turtle in Edgewater, Md. that I have ben trying to get to for a year. The club is wheels from the past.

I drove home, lifted the front of the car and adjusted the toe in with the steering wheel locked, grabbed some drinks and snacks and headed to Edgewater in nasty traffic. steering wheel centered and no pull. I got there at five. This was actually my first time attending a street rod type car meet etc. as an owner. Met a bunch of nice folks and saw one Nova, a 69 or 70 by the looks of the side vents. I did not locate the owner till I was leaving he was leaving as well. Here's some pics of the cars, a few rare and many beautiful ones. Some, like mine " In progress" . The lot was filling up when I left. The club president said there has ben 40-50 cars every week, more as the weather gets better.

I left there to go to another non car event at the American Legion.
Ill be visiting this event and a few others around this area when I can.

Attachments

·
Registered
633 Posts
So many things to say about that Chevy Truck :D

Where do you start? With the Beer Can Overflow reservoir or the "Cracker Hot Rod Club" sticker? :eek:

Every Sunday we have what's called the Cars & Coffee get together. The location varies every week but there is one in Novato, Ca. that consistently gets around 300 cars. They range from classic Bugatti's, Jaguars & Porsche to rusted out Datsun B210's, Tuners and 2018 Lambo's & Ferrari's. These are better than the standard Car-Show's because you don't have to pay to get in and you see a much wider variety of cars. Plus you can start up your car and leave anytime you want

·
Registered
Mike - 74 Nova Baltimore, MD
1,600 Posts
I'm not sure how far you are from Glen Burnie MD, but there is a pretty decent group of muscle cars that meet at Harundale Mall every Saturday night from 5pm to 9pm. The cruise is sponsored by "Lost in the 50's Custom Car Club of Maryland. I attached their link below.
http://lostn50s.com/

I try to attend the cruise a couple times during the Spring/Summer. Maybe I'll see you there.

·
Registered
1973 Custom hatchback
1,113 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Hey Rif, thanks.
I drive near that mall on my way to work. I'm pretty familiar with the area. I am aware of that group but I was told they had to move, the mall folks told them they were needing the space. I found a list online of all the local clubs and where they meet etc. I'll be checking them out as time permits.
Do you frequent any?

·
Registered
Mike - 74 Nova Baltimore, MD
1,600 Posts
Harundale Mall is the new cruise location this year.
Marley Station Mall (just down the street from Harundale Mall) was the previous location.

I usually go to "Cars & Coffee" at Hunt Valley MD Mall since it is very close to where I live. This group meets every Saturday morning from 8am to 10am. I also try to attend "Cruisin Ocean City" every couple of years.

It's always fun to look at other cars and talk to other muscle car owners to get some new ideas.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts