Chevy Nova Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Looking for some help, I am restoring a 65 chevy-II but I can't seem to find a plug cover for what I believe was the original hole for the AC lines, It's right in the middle of the firewall sits right behind the distributor cap (350 engine)
Any ideas?

·
14,152 Posts
Not sure there ever was a plug for this hole. The hole was only drilled if a/c was installed. I believe it was about 2.75 inches. There was a grommet that screwed over the opening with holes for the a/c lines to pass through. Shouldn't be too hard to find a generic rubber plug to fill the hole now that the a/c is gone, but don't think one was specifically made for this purpose.

Bob

·
Registered
928 Posts
Looking for some help, I am restoring a 65 chevy-II but I can't seem to find a plug cover for what I believe was the original hole for the AC lines, It's right in the middle of the firewall sits right behind the distributor cap (350 engine)
Any ideas?
Ace hardware stores carry a lot of different items like that

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
OK I didn't think there was a plug, Like you said it was only there if the car had AC Wish I would have taken care of it when it was in Paint & body, at this point I'm stuck trying to find something that won't look like an after thought.

·
Registered
1969 Nova . . 2dr . . Chino Valley,Az USA
4,933 Posts
just a thought ....

maybe it would work , u can paint it too match (where as paint won't stick to a rubber plug , and "would stick-out -- look bad") , just thinking out-loud.

Paint it to blend-in , use some nice looking 'pan-head screws - SS' .

#2 .. it's metal, and, may be large enough ... 3rd gen clutch-rod
"rubber boot cover" ...... just FYI

1 - 6 of 6 Posts