Chevy Nova Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
591 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
so i got my motor fired today,i'm breaking it in so i had it at about 2500 for 15 minutes,then it was just getting to hot..i was hopeing to let it run for at least 20 minutes..consider it broken in or should i let it cool and try it again for another 10 minutes or so at 2500rpm? thanks....good news was no leaks

·
Premium Member
20,542 Posts
so i got my motor fired today,i'm breaking it in so i had it at about 2500 for 15 minutes,then it was just getting to hot..i was hopeing to let it run for at least 20 minutes..consider it broken in or should i let it cool and try it again for another 10 minutes or so at 2500rpm? thanks....good news was no leaks
let it cool and start again.You should have as many fans as you have on it.I had a fan laying on my engine.bm

·
Premium Member
4,045 Posts
When you resume break in....do the 2500 for 20+ again....I left my rad cap off, in case I needed to add water..I also ran extra fan...What's your thermostat...Mine is a 180.. My temp never got higher than that..I ran 2200-2500 for 30 min...Always resume for 20 min. no matter how many times you have to shut down..........So I've been told....

1 - 3 of 3 Posts