Chevy Nova Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
1,453 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well, things are finally coming together. Engine is in, fuel system done, all wiring changes done, race seat in, rear line lock installed and brakes bled, and chassis checked.

Have yet to fire the engine in the car, will do that today more than likely. We had some issues with the starter being too tight, and ran out of time yesterday.

Basically, the only things left to do is put the screws in the wheels, cut the front spings down for height, and have the lash in the rear tightened up a bit.

First test n tune is in two weeks, so we'll see what the new power plant does at the track.

Here are some pics:

·
Premium Member
2,249 Posts
car

Looks clean,uncluttered,nice job.Looking forward to your first timeslip.

Mike

·
Registered
1,453 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
The heads are the race ready version. 100% CNC machined. Couldn't sping for the competition version.

Our first race is April 15th and 16th. I'm getting pretty excited to say the least.

BadAss, I'm sure you're pretty jacked as well! Your bullit looks awesome! Should make for a wild ride.

·
Registered
631 Posts
David_D. said:
The heads are the race ready version. 100% CNC machined. Couldn't sping for the competition version.

Our first race is April 15th and 16th. I'm getting pretty excited to say the least.

BadAss, I'm sure you're pretty jacked as well! Your bullit looks awesome! Should make for a wild ride.
Yeah unfortunately I have to wait until the first weekend in May before we go racing due to vacations and other engagements, but it's okay! What kinda times are you looking to try and get?

·
Registered
1,453 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I'll be happy with whatever I can get out of her, but I'm thinking 10.90's to 11.00's. I'm sure we'll have some bugs to work out with chassis, launch RPM, etc. Will definately be different that going 12's.:)

·
Registered
1,453 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I installed a rear line lock because I launch using a 2 step rev limiter off of a button. I prefer this to a trans brake, due to the cost associated with installing a trans brake, as well as the fact that I like to have my drive train pre loaded. I'm hoping it will let parts live longer.

I put the rear line lock on the same switch that activates my launch rev limiter, so it won't be active until after I do my burnout.

My brother did this with his car, and it worked really well.

·
Registered
1,879 Posts
The engine looks great with all that aluminum! I love those Valve Covers.
Will be watching for those times.:)

·
Registered
1,453 Posts
Discussion Starter #10 (Edited)
Didn't those valve covers turn out great! Deming racing was sandblasted into the cover, then we had them powder coated with clear. Now they don't scratch when you dust them off, etc. The engine is cast iron, but I had it painted that silver color. I've always been a fan of chevy orange, but decided to go with silver. Everyone who has seen it has liked it.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts