Chevy Nova Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
2,600 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Not real good, couldn't hook on the street tires even with the cal tracs, but I knew that going in. I either sent them up in smoke or feathered it 1/4 quarter throttle to get even just 2 flat on the 60ft. This is why I don't like taking a car to the track without slicks, it's just a painful PITA and you really don't learn much but do have a good time. I almost made it into the 12's but then a collector union let loose and I really didn't care to take tools with me so I couldn't fix anything. That ended the day.

I made a video, I shouldn't have to tell you which car is mine, the white Corvette is best friends car. Plus just other random cars from test and tune day. All in all it was fun but certaily work to be done.

·
Registered
2,600 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
It was funny, I did a full tilt launch once as if I had slicks, lemme tell you it was a handful, saw the gaurdrail in my future working the wheel like my life depended on it; because I think it did LOL. Enough of that, walk it out. :D

·
Registered
2,600 Posts
Discussion Starter #5 (Edited)
Beaver Springs PA, sorry I need to get over myself and post up my profile correctly again. It's a down home track, most people are toothless. The men are men, the women are men and the sheep in nearby fields are mostly afraid.

http://www.beaversprings.com/

·
Premium Member
2,781 Posts
U hammer head

HEY, why the heck didnt ya call or email me???
I got a set of 26x8 Hoosier slicks just sitting here collecting dust until the cars done.
Knuckle head...my lil' feelings are hurt......

·
Registered
2,600 Posts
Discussion Starter #10 (Edited)
HEY, why the heck didnt ya call or email me???
I got a set of 26x8 Hoosier slicks just sitting here collecting dust until the cars done.
Knuckle head...my lil' feelings are hurt......
Well where the hell have you been? Haven't seen you much around. Soon as I get tires I'm going back, I'll check with ya next time. I knew Saturday T&T would be a bust without tires anyway, only made like 5 runs and got sick of having to pull out like a Yugo. Launching with any kind of R's was out of the question. Plus that damn collector union came loose again, after that it sounded like crap and I didn't want to hurt anything. Time to double nut that sucker or find springs for the flange.

Here's the first run without the song, about 33 or 34 seconds into the video you can hear and see how far I'm out before finally putting the hammer down, it sucked doing that but you have to. The shift to second happens right about as I'm passing the camera.

http://www.personal.psu.edu/gls17/0627nosound.wmv

·
Premium Member
15,966 Posts
I need to make a trip up there! I just checked thats a long way from my House!:eek:

That track from the web site looks simple and fun!

Al

·
Premium Member
1,445 Posts
I enjoyed the video, but I will never understand why anybody would rather listen to music than to hear 8 cylinders of :chev: power.

·
Registered
2,600 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
It is pretty "Down Home" there, very relaxed and unstructured, almost too unstructured at times. Been a long time since I actually did brackets there so maybe things have changed but it was always a fiasco. Everyone just kind of did whatever to loosely follow the rules. Not NHRA rules, track rules. I think that's what kind of makes that track fun though, real laid back, it's nothing to go take a leak in the woods, hell it's almost a rite of passage there. It's true what they say, you can meet some of the friendliest people a the track and that place is no different.

You can even catch Mustang owners trying to figure out how to trailer a car there. One new Saleen owner, ten dorks on the pit crew trying to act cool around it, scratching their heads wondering how this happened. They were trying to get this back on the trailer after being towed back, it broke.

·
Registered
508 Posts
It is pretty "Down Home" there, very relaxed and unstructured, almost too unstructured at times. Been a long time since I actually did brackets there so maybe things have changed but it was always a fiasco. Everyone just kind of did whatever to loosely follow the rules. Not NHRA rules, track rules. I think that's what kind of makes that track fun though, real laid back, it's nothing to go take a leak in the woods, hell it's almost a rite of passage there. It's true what they say, you can meet some of the friendliest people a the track and that place is no different.

You can even catch Mustang owners trying to figure out how to trailer a car there. One new Saleen owner, ten dorks on the pit crew trying to act cool around it, scratching their heads wondering how this happened. They were trying to get this back on the trailer after being towed back, it broke.

LMFAO!!!!!!! all that money on a ford and they couldnt even afford ramps.!!!:eek: i think i would rather have the ramps!!!!:yes:

1 - 19 of 19 Posts