Chevy Nova Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
1962 Chevy II Sedan
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Glad I found this site and super happy to be here. My ‘62 and myself are from Southern California. I’ve had the car since I was 17 and am finally making moves to get this gem up and running. Doing a full restomod rebuild from the frame up - ordering a Schwarts GM Chassis and getting the floor board replaced next month.

I’ve broken down and stripped it myself, it’s been quite a challenge but a dream of mine to rebuild it.

Hoping to get it Mini Tubbed too. Any advice or suggestions would be great!

·
Registered
1967 Nova SS
816 Posts
Welcome. When you decided to start, you got with it. Good progress and quality parts in your plan. That dream of restoring your car can be achieved. Post pictures as you go and share the process with us.

·
Registered
1969 Nova . . 2dr . . Chino Valley,Az USA
5,331 Posts
Reactions: hauserlives

·
Registered
Mike - 74 Nova Baltimore, MD
1,945 Posts
Hello and welcome to the site! Thanks for posting pics of your project progression.

·
Vendor
1,936 Posts
Great to see another 4-door getting saved. More and more are getting put back together. Original A/C car, any of the system left?

Reactions: hauserlives

·
Registered
3,912 Posts
Finally starting up on my 1962 Gen 1 Series 400 Nova

Nice.

I have a VIN correct 62 Nova also. 400 series. Always a good time for the first start. JR

·
Registered
1962 Chevy II Sedan
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Quick mini update - Quarter panels, tail panel and whole floor pan is getting replaced beginning this month, LS3 engine with a Holley mid-mount and MRE stage 3 cam kit is now being built with the help of some knowledgeable friends and just placed my order for my Schwartz GM chassis with Willwood braking system this week.

Wish me luck the next couple months!I'll post more updates with photos in the coming weeks.

·
Registered
1962 Chevy II Sedan
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Welcome to Steves, nice project with your story, if you do mini tub, Detroit speed, has excellent video
Yup! I've seen it and am definitely getting it tubbed, I have the mini-tubs sitting in storage waiting for their turn, haha.

·
Registered
1962 Chevy II Sedan
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Welcome. When you decided to start, you got with it. Good progress and quality parts in your plan. That dream of restoring your car can be achieved. Post pictures as you go and share the process with us.
Thank you! Deposits are all in for various parts and stages of the car so this will be an interested journey!

·
Registered
1962 Chevy II Sedan
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Great to see another 4-door getting saved. More and more are getting put back together. Original A/C car, any of the system left?
Yeah I've rarely seen some 4-doors and for the longest time I thought I had the ugly duckling of the family, but after having it for so long I'm finally seeing how special she really is and happy I held onto to her, and yes I've still got the original AC system, parted out of course but I'll be putting an ls3 so it'll have all the modern toys to play with.

·
Registered
822 Posts
I like that Schwartz chassis. Looks like it will add some strength, but not as beefy ( and heavy) as other chassis. Plus it looks like the floors and firewall can stay. Looking forward to seeing your progress.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts