Chevy Nova Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
131 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was able to get some color on the bottom of my truck lid Sunday. My first paint job so I wanted to start small. I am very happy with the result and I love the color. I will be updating as I go. I hope to get more color down later this week. oh and it summits huggin orange. first pick is after sealer and second is done

[/IMG]

[/IMG]

·
Registered
1,725 Posts
I like it, now that is bright :yes:

·
Registered
612 Posts
Yeah thats BRIGHT ! Funny how you started on the inside of the trunk, That is the same thing I did on mine. Is the paint a single stage and can you clear it if you want to ?

·
Registered
2,728 Posts
The WHITE primer/sealer will make the Orange POP.

I had my painter use a white primer/sealer on my car before he shot the "Bright Yellow" base coat. The white gives the color that like extra.

Bryan

·
Registered
131 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
top of trunk painted

did the top of trunk today. Got some orange peel. Hopefully I can wet sand and buff out. I think I may need to turn the pressure up when spraying the clear
[/IMG]

[/IMG]

·
Registered
3,484 Posts
its tcp global hvlp with a 1.4 tip. pressure is about 25psi at the gun
Iron you should max out the psi recommended on the gun for clear and possibly even go up to 5 psi higher to atomize the clear well and get a slick finish.

Your orange peel looked like what I had. I wound up having to respray. You may have to do the same, it looks pretty severe... just trying to save you the trouble of trying to buff it out. If it were mine (knowing what i know now) I would block it out with 600 on a firm but not hard block and reclear.

·
Registered
2,164 Posts
Have you ever painted before or is this your first?

1 - 20 of 20 Posts