Chevy Nova Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
After a mishap on the dyno last fall my leaf pin sheared and my axle started to move around. I was going to redo the suspension over the winter but things came up and didn't get to it. I should recieve my order from Calvert racing for splint monos, Caltracs, and Rancho 9-way adjustables any day now. I am fabbing the relocation bracket for the shocks (I work at a metal fabrication company).

My car was shackled and air-shocked by previous owner. Does anyone know if the new split monos have new shackles or do I need to get some new stock stuff? If I need new, where can I get them?

My car is presently 454 bored .030 over 10:1 compression, TH350, 12 bolt rear. I am starting w/ suspension up on redoing the thing. Any suggestions on the front. (Shocks, springs, disks).

I am building street/strip. Going to put a Vortech and new big block in it eventually. First new tranny and 9" rear though.

Any help is appreciated. I have searched on here and can't find a solid answer.

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #3 (Edited)
Thanks. I got the parts the same day I posted this and saw there were none in there. I ordered some form Detroit Speed. I will post pics and maybe some dimensions on the shock relocation stuff I fabricate. I will be starting in July so it will be a few weeks yet.

I am going to wait on the front end parts to see how the rear sits with the new stuff so I know how far down the front needs to go.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts