Chevy Nova Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
170 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
After a few months of work, I finally drove my 1973 LS1 Nova today. Had a few setbacks and still needs a final tune but it drives. Overall the swap was easy and seems to be worth the trouble as it drives good for having a big cam. Heres some pics.

·
Premium Member
4,365 Posts
Nice looking car and motor. The moter is definitely not stock; what do you have in it?

·
Registered
170 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks for the comments. Its a stock long block with a big hydraulic roller cam and a Fast 92mm intake and TB. Im using a stock PCM and am tuning it using Efilive software. Finally got it to idle and actually drive good. Had some trans issues with my Turbo 350 and finally got it sorted out this weekend. Really should have it dyno tuned then off to the track.

·
Registered
128 Posts
super nice car :yes: motor looks good to.i hope mine look as good when i get done with it:D

·
Registered
170 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
x3 :yes:

What did you use for fuel system and headers?
For headers I used the Hooker Headers made for a 1st gen Camaro. They literally fall in from the top. Easiest headers I have ever installed. For the fuel system I used the stock feedline coming from my original pickup tube. From there I went to a -6 line to a fuel filter, then to a Walbro 255L external fuel pump. Next is a factory Corvette fuel filter from a 2000 car, this has a built in regulator that is factory set a 58 psi. Then I ran -6 all the way to the factory fuel rail. The Corvette filter has a return port on it and I ran the return to the factory fuel filler tube, tapped a hole and screwed in a fitting....all done. The fuel system was the easiest part of the swap. As for vids, I didnt take any but could if needed.

·
Premium Member
2,453 Posts
For headers I used the Hooker Headers made for a 1st gen Camaro. They literally fall in from the top. Easiest headers I have ever installed. For the fuel system I used the stock feedline coming from my original pickup tube. From there I went to a -6 line to a fuel filter, then to a Walbro 255L external fuel pump. Next is a factory Corvette fuel filter from a 2000 car, this has a built in regulator that is factory set a 58 psi. Then I ran -6 all the way to the factory fuel rail. The Corvette filter has a return port on it and I ran the return to the factory fuel filler tube, tapped a hole and screwed in a fitting....all done. The fuel system was the easiest part of the swap. As for vids, I didnt take any but could if needed.
Vids are always cool! :yes: What filter did you use before the fuel pump? Did you do your own alteration of the engine harness, or did you have that done, and if so, by who?

I would love to do an lsx swap, but need an extra push and these post help :D

·
Registered
170 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Vids are always cool! :yes: What filter did you use before the fuel pump? Did you do your own alteration of the engine harness, or did you have that done, and if so, by who?

I would love to do an lsx swap, but need an extra push and these post help :D
I used my Aeromotive filter that I had from a previous car. Just had to buy 2 -10 to -6 reducer fittings. As for the harness, I bought an aftermarket plug and play one from Techrods. Seriously......it is plug and play. There are 3 wires needed to hook up.....a ground, battery and a 12 volt switched source and your done. I mounted the PCM inside of the car under the dash as there is a few feet of wire going to the PCM and mounting it in the engine compartment made it look very messy. I used a set of Carshop 1" setback motor mount plates the use a stock Chevy frame mount and motor mount. The 1" setback allowed me to use the stock Turbo 350 trans crossmember and driveshaft as it puts them in the stock location.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts