Chevy Nova Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
1,151 Posts
Thats some serious toe-out in that 4th pic :D Site looks pretty good though :)

·
Premium Member
11,287 Posts
Looking good. Wish I had that kind of ambition, maybe mine would get done.:sleep:

Don

·
Premium Member
2,112 Posts
I really like those powder-coated springs!! Did you do them yourself? Which powder did you use? I'd like to try something like that myself, but I'm a little uneasy about what heating springs to 400 degrees would do to them.

Looks like yours had the same paint code as mine (61-61). Are you going back to the original or what? Keep us posted!! Its looking great!!:D

Dave

·
Registered
66 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
hah, you mean the color toasted marshmallow?( haha thats the current paint and surface rust color it has). Uh, Im thinking like a semi-metallic medium/dark blue,there was a show truck that the boss of the garage i worked at put together that has the color i want, i think. As for the springs, I got a buddy to get his friend to do them. He used a pretty fine powder. So far they seem to be alright, hopefully no cracks will develop in the paint.

·
Premium Member
2,112 Posts
Toasted Marshmallow!! :D :D Too True!! ...especially the rust stains on mine!!! If you have a chance, ask your buddy if he knows how hot he got them to make it flow. I'm looking at the Eastwood site and their chip for metallic red is not nearly as nice as those springs. If you don't mind, please send me a PM and let me know what he used and if he used a powder chrome base.

Thanks

Dave

·
Registered
66 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
the springs are stock, yes, just sanded them and then got them powder coated, so far they have held up super nice, even after installing them, and thanks guys, i just got all of the linkage in today. Anyone else have reverse lockout? i think its a kind of unique option on a car.

·
Registered
1,049 Posts
Any new updates?

Just curious, you pulled the subframe out with the engine and tranny left in...
why didn't you replace it the same way?

Scott

·
Registered
66 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
No recent updates yet, havent had much time to do much with the car since college started back up, but I hope to take a weekend off and get more done,now that I have the pieces I ordered from J/W Nova Parts, things can be put back on the car. As for the engine and sub frame question, time, haha. I had to have the car rolling because it is in a barn we use on the farm, so it had to be able to move in and out at least, before I \was able to get the engine back into the car.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts