Chevy Nova Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
1,597 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My friend and I put the engine and trans in my Nova yesterday:yes: I'm stoked with how it is coming out....

Stiil have to install the aluminum radiator, wire up the MSD Box and electrical install the new sending unit and plumb a 3/8 fuel line, plumb new brake lines. I'm anxious to fire it up:yes:

·
Registered
471 Posts
Fender well headers? They look awesome. How was it putting those in?

Sent from my iPhone using Autoguide

·
Premium Member
2,858 Posts
looks great, and yes those fender well headers look awesome :yes:

·
Registered
2,015 Posts
Looks really nice. Thats not really a 283 now is it? How big are those fenderwell headers?

You have any more pics of your car. Looks very nice!

·
Registered
1,241 Posts
Looking great. I'm in the same stage with my V8 installation .
After we finally got the motor and trans in my friend Dave turned to me and said, "empowering isn't it, feel like I can do anything now"!

I agreed. Congrats on your beautiful engine and further progress.

James

·
Registered
1,597 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Thanks Guys,

Fender well headers? They look awesome. How was it putting those in?
We took the core support out which made this project much easier. The headers just layed in place and we carefully wheeled the engine and transmission into place

Looks really nice. Thats not really a 283 now is it? How big are those fenderwell headers?

You have any more pics of your car. Looks very nice!
The engine compartment now looks nicer then the rest of the car, I do have pics but there is not much else to look at lol

:no: It isn't a 283. The valve covers originally had "Chevrolet" engraved on them which I didn't care for, so we used the decals to hide the "Chevrolet" engravings... Since these cars only came with a 283 in 1964 we badged it as one :eek: :D

Looking great. I'm in the same stage with my V8 installation .
After we finally got the motor and trans in my friend Dave turned to me and said, "empowering isn't it, feel like I can do anything now"!

I agreed. Congrats on your beautiful engine and further progress.

James
I know the feeling. My car has been apart since June and for a while I thought "What did I get myself into":eek: as I've never done an engine project before. Now I'm starting to see the light at the end of the tunnel and it was worth the effort...

1 - 10 of 10 Posts