Chevy Nova Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
1,724 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i ordered the gauges feels like probably a year ago (speedometer, water, oil, volts, and fuel) and have had my dash cluster out for about as long but finally got a weekend to putting it together and cutting into a piece of aluminum it was a lot easier than i though i know it could look better but i'm very happy with it. but this thread is worthless about pics right?

when i get the money i'm going to buy a matching tach to put next to the speedometer thats why the gap is there

and sorry for the crappy camera phone pictures

·
Premium Member
901 Posts
The gauges look familiar. Where have I seen those before? :rolleyes:

:D Nice choice. You will be happy with them.

·
Registered
1,724 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
those do look very similar :D two questions though where did you get the rpm tach and whats the gauge on the far right

·
Premium Member
901 Posts
I got all of my gauges from iequus.com. They were the best price I could find at the time. The guage on the far right is a air/fuel ratio gauge. I thought it would be neat at the time but I haven't hooked it up yet.

·
Registered
1,724 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
heres a couple pictures of it in the car with it painted black it looks stock and cant tell that it is just a piece of aluminum

·
Registered
1,724 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
ok i'm hooking up the gauges now and i cant seem to find the wires that hook up to the fuel gauge what does it look loike and where should it come from and also am i going have to get a new speedometer cable for the new one?

·
Premium Member
901 Posts
It has been a while since I did my gauges but I believe the fuel gauge wire is black. It comes straight from the tank. I had to get a new speedo cable but I can't remember if it was because of the gauge or that I needed a new one anyway.

·
Registered
13 Posts
fuel gauge wire

the fuel guage wire on my 68 was brown and come from the top of the sending unit and ran down the same wire loom as the tail lights. I bought my speedometer cable from O'Reillys

1 - 10 of 10 Posts